Saturday, October 22, 2005

I am spoiled! :)

Yesterday I came home from work to an immaculate home. There is nothing like walking in the house to a mopped floor, dusted base boards, scrubbed toilets, and sparkling sinks. The best part of all was, I didn't have to do it. Now before you go try to steal Cody away from me, we pay a mother and daughter-in-law duo $40.00 to clean our house once every 4 weeks. I absolutely love it. I know that some of you might think it is a waste of money and that I am lazy on my housewife duties. You are right. It is a luxury. It is awesome though. Last night we could lay on the couch and watch a movie without having chores to do around the house. It was great. I love life's little luxuries. It is so nice with both of us working to have someone help out on stuff like that. Anyway, I had to tell you I am spoiled, but happy. Isn't that the way we should feel every once in awhile? So, my cyberspace friends, go treat yourself. Splurge on something that improves your quality time with your hubby or makes you smile and allows you to take a nap in peace. It is worth it! :) Happy Saturday.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Dude, a clean house is the best!!!!! i am glad that it worked out for you to get that done :) you and cody deserve it.

Jennifer K said...

Now that Jonathan has a job I think this might be the "extra" we splurge on. You know how long I have been wanting this!!! Maybe it will actually work out this time! I am glad that you get to enjoy it!!

April Carrasco said...

Man, I was just thinking today I would really love for her to clean my house again! I'm so glad you can enjoy that luxury!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Although I don't have anyone to help me clean my house yet (mainly because I don't have a house), I am a believer in the concept. I've heard it said that having a housekeeper is only a waste of money if you're sitting on the couch watching while she cleans.

Shanta said...

I am glad you got to experience such a treat. I tend to think getting a housekeeper is like when you start making out with your boyfriend. It can never go back to the way it was before. congratulations!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed