Saturday, June 24, 2006

Six Months Old!

Six months ago this Wednesday, Carley came into the world. We went from a couple to a family. I can't talk enough about how blessed I feel or how honored I am to be her mom. Here are some of my favorite things about Carley Alyssa Nelson right now.


  • She has started lifting her arms to be picked up when she cries or when she wants us. It is precious. I can't resist those little arms!
  • Carley can now roll to what she wants. She just keeps turning from back to tummy to back until she gets there. Luckily it takes her some time to get there, but needless to say she is getting more mobile every day.
  • She is trying to crawl. Instead she just moves backward instead of forward. She looks so confused at why her toys get farther away instead of closer!
  • Carley LOVES to float in the water. She is as happy as a clam in the water and I love it too!
  • I have learned that all good and bad phases come to an end when it comes to sleep. So, I know that as I write this, Carley could change her mind at any moment and decide not to do this anymore, but for right now, Carley puts herself to sleep! It is so awesome. I just lay her in bed with her paci, her hot pink and green elephant lovey, little satin blanket, and her CD playing and she puts herself to sleep. I haven't had to rock her 5 days for any naps or night sleep. Also, for 4 weeks and 2 days in a row, she has slept all through the night without needing her paci put back in or flipped over. Like I said, I know this will change again, I am just thankful for it right now. In fact, she will get her 6 month shots next week and not sleep through the night for two weeks after the shots.
  • Carley's hair is getting lighter and lighter. She looks more like her daddy every day with her blue eyes and blonde hair.
  • Carley talks and laughs like a little animal. It is high pitched, loud, and random. It is so precious to me.
  • Carley has gone to the church nursery 4 times. First time, she was awesome. Second time, we got paged to come get her. Third time, awesome. Fourth time, she cried but made it though. I wish she didn't cry in there at all. She doesn't cry when we leave her, only after being there awhile. I do love getting her from the nursery and she gives me this hug like, "Where have you been!".
  • Carley LOVES bath time and is learning to splash. It is so fun and we all get wet. :)
  • Carley sleeps in my arms during church service. I love this time so much. It seems like the weeks are so busy that I don't take the time to hold her and watch her sleep like I did when she was little. I love her sighs, the sound of her paci, and her little hands holding onto me while she sleeps. It is one of my favorite hours of the week.

We had her 6 month pictures made this morning. They are precious. I am not at work so I don't have a scanner. I'll scan them soon and post them. Who knew one little person could change your life so much in six months?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was watching you hold Carley in your arms yesterday and hoping you were savoring the flavor, because you are right: it will change. In the twinkling of an eye, she will be 32 or 30 or 25 and you will wonder where the time went.

Love you!
Jill Moudy Sr.

Robby and Lynsey said...

oh! so sweet! (To both your post and my mom's!) :)

Robyn said...

This Moudy woman thinks it's precious too!!

Kristin said...

Ashley, what a sweet post. I love all the fun new things about Carley, she is such a sweet baby!

Have fun in Dallas this week. We will have to hit the pool when you get back!

Shanta said...

6 months already? Mercy! Your life certainly has changed in these recent weeks... you're doing a great job. We can't wait for the next visit.

Unknown said...

Six months is such a fun age because they have a personality but are not yet mobile enough to ransack your entire home. I hope Carley continues this easy sleeping pattern she has going! I can't wait to see the 6 month pictures of your precious little girl!

Alyssa said...

Carley is so cute! I love getting to spend time with her this week! She is at such a fun age right now- I love that she sits in a high chair and turns all the way around to look at people! i also love that she HOLDS HER OWN BOTTLE! So precious!

Julie said...

She is super duper cute! Thanks for the book suggestions! Love them. Did you ever reveal the mystery pregnancy and I missed it?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed