Wednesday, August 02, 2006

To Ebay or not to Ebay, that is the ????

I enjoy shopping Ebay and do it somewhat often. How can you not love ebay?

Well, I am wondering if you have ever sold anything on ebay? Is it hard? What profit does Ebay get? Have you ever had any negative experiences with it? Is it time consuming?

Why the ebay questions....Well, I am currently the highest bidder on an elephant lovey. Meet Carley's BEST friend, Ely Fant. Carley and Ely take all of their naps together. He is very much a necessity at bed time. Well, now that Carley is starting a home day care, I want a "back up" that I can leave there. I am so afraid that when we are rushing out the door, I will forget Ely and Carley will have even more trouble napping. I have been to Target several times looking for another Ely. I have been online and no luck. Finally, I find another Ely Fant on Ebay. Guess how much I am currently bidding on an $8.00 lovey....$51.00. YEAH, I am crazy. However Carley is more crazy about Ely.

So here is my second question if the first doesn't apply to you....what is the craziest thing you have ever spent a ridiculous amount of money on out of desperation??

Side Note....I got out bid. PLEASE be on the lookout for this little lovey at your Targets and other places that have the "Just One Year" Carter's brand. If you find it, I will pay you BIG for him. HELP! We are desperate!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Sex and the City box set.

Nicole said...

Barry Manilow concert tickets, and I'm proud of it!

Erica said...

I have sold some of the girl's clothes on eBay and gotten a lot more than I would have at a resale shop. I did not think it was hard at all, the only time consuming part is taking it to the post office to be mailed. I know that you can print labels and have the post person pick it up but I have never tried it. I will definitely be listing more stuff soon.

I do not think I have ever spent too much on something. I usually try to find a good deal.

I will be going to a few outlets on the way to San Narcos and in San Marcos so if I find an elephant blankie I will definitely get it for you:)

Caroline said...

I probably overpay for just about everything. I'm an impulse buyer and hate to wait for sales.

I hope someone can find you Ely Fant. All I know is you have to have an extra- even if you pay $51.00. Caroline lost her blanket this week and the 18 hours it was missing was a nightmare. I got an extra today. Now I just have to "age" it to look like the original. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes out for an Ely Fant.

Anonymous said...

I'll be on the lookout!

Anonymous said...

I'm a big ebay fan and have both bought & sold on ebay. It's very easy, but a little time consuming up front to figure out how the whole process works. The fees: 1) insertion fee - they charge you a fee to list and it goes up the higher your starting price is; 2) final value fee - they charge this only if your items sells. It is a % of the final sell price; and 3) paypal fees - paypal charges a % of the fee for the transaction.

I sold my electric pump on ebay and got about $175 for it! I've also sold formula coupons (crazy I know), but like $30 in coupons will sell for about $25!! A friend of mine here in Atlanta is finished having babies, and she has sold her maternity clothes and kids' outgrown clothes on ebay. The nicer the brand, the easier it is to sell. Boutique outfits, Polo, Gymboree, Janie & Jack, etc will have a much easier time selling than Circo, Carters, etc.

Good luck!!

Phillips Family said...

I will keep my eyes out for miss Ely Fant. Consignment stores and warehouse sales can be good places to find such things. We have Giraffe at our house and currently have no back-up and Toys R Us no longer carries him. It could be quite a traumatic day if he ever goes missing...

Robby and Lynsey said...

I doubt you ever see her, but my sis-in-law, Jill, sells on e-bay all the time. I don't know where everyone else is that has said something ... but she might be someone close to you (in town) that you could learn the ropes from (and be on the lookout for you, too!) Good luck!

Julie said...

I am currently selling a pottery barn loveseat and chair for a total bargain! Anyone? Anyone?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed