Saturday, December 15, 2007

It 's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. I really can't. We have one more week of school and then the big two week break.
Thursday we attempted one of my favorite Christmas traditions. We went to Santaland. Growing up this was always a neat thing for Alyssa and me and my parents. Now it is so special to take Carley. My parents always come along which makes it really special too. This year Carley did not like Santa. It sounds horrible, but it was so cute. She was so dramatic about the whole thing. I loved it.
Santaland is such a neat little place with lots of fun things to see. Carley really enjoyed the experience (except for the Santa part). Her favorite part was the reindeer. Here she is waving to them.

Last night was our class Christmas party. Cody and I had so much fun. We love our sweet friends and are so thankful for them. The food was great and we loved the games and hanging out with our pals. Special thanks to the Bowmans for being such wonderful hosts and for all the hard work that goes into stuff like that.

Monday is a special day as well. My dad has his birthday. I love my dad so much. He is such an encouragement to me in so many ways. He is a wonderful father and grandfather and we are so thankful to have him in our lives. Happy Birthday, Pops.

13 comments:

Melody Forest McKee said...

LOVE the dramatic pictures of Carley with Santa and the Mrs. We had so much fun last night as well. Call me if you want to play guitar hero again :) Practice shaking the guitar first, though.

Mauri said...

Oh. I LOVE Santaland! And the pictures of Carly are priceless!

Caroline said...

Love the pictures. I love Santaland. What a fun memory.

Anonymous said...

We tried to go to Santa Land tonight. Big mistake! 1) it was 30 degrees outside and 2) Every other crazy person was there! The line was too long!! Oh well. Maybe next year!

I loved your pictures! Carley is so cute!

Unknown said...

Santaland looks like so much fun! The pictures of Carly with Santa and Mrs. Claus are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Carley's curls are so adorable!

Amy said...

Thanks for the shout out! Charlie is Santa-phobic this year as well. He's terrified of anything in costume. I'm not real fond of Santas either. Who knows who's in that suit?!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I think the "drama" pictures are so cute, too! Taylor did the same thing! Your Carley is so precious!!

Alyssa said...

Yea for Santa Land! Wish I could have been there to laugh in person as Carley shared her aunt's opinion of Santa :)

Tiffany said...

I've been missing you lots lately, I'm glad to see y'all are having fun!

Erica said...

What fun! I wish we had a place like that here. I love that you are able to pass on some of your favorite memories to your precious daughter. May you have a blessed Christmas!

April Carrasco said...

Santa is a scary man sometimes! Too funny!

Phillips Family said...

oh, we might have to check out SantaLand while in town next week. Love those pictures!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed