Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My Attitude is Crapitude

This is a random saying I have had for several years. I used to ask my students if their attitude was crapitude when they were grumpy in class. I ask Cody when he is quiet or looks annoyed at me for something. But truly, today my attitude is crapitude. Tis the season to be jolly. Tis the season to focus on others. Tis the season to focus on the blessings we have. Tis the season, right? Then why am I in such a crummy mood.

Here is what I think:

1. I am having trouble being organized. I keep misplacing stuff or forgetting what I have going on. This makes me feel overwhelmed.

2. Work is crazy. This is the end of the semester and it is major stress in my position. I coordinate all the checkpointing and benchmarking of our students. In a world of standardized testing, these things are really important. (whether they should be or not) Try to get all the data in, score it, and analyze it is really mind blowing for me at work right now.

3. My daughter turns two this month! TWO! How did this happen? She is so big. By the way, after weeks of successful potty training, we are at week three of NONE. She doesn't want to potty at all and refuses to do it. Has anyone else had their child regress?

4. The Writers Strike!!!! Why are all of my favorite shows ending for a while?

5. carbs, carbs, sweet carbs, warm carbs. I am totally struggling with will power right now. The weather has been cool and our days and nights have been busy. It is so easy to throw in a frozen pizza or make chili or something like that. Hot Chocolate is the drink of the season and sweet people from work keep bringing up holiday goodies to share. UGH! I feel bigger than the Christmas tree.

Enough griping! Goodness, I am whiney.

There are so many blessings out there and I keep focusing on the negative. Sweet Emma Kate Foster was born today, which is such an answer to prayer. Every day I receive Christmas cards from sweet friends and family from far away.

When we bought our home in May, we asked the sellers to throw in their Christmas lights because they have them fit for the roof. So this weekend Cody put up the lights and they are BEAUTIFUL. Our house has been decorated for the holidays for a week or so now, but this really put on the final touches.

We have been blessed with some really sweet and sincere friends who have really supported us lately during some difficult times. It is hard to feel bummed for long when I am surrounded by some wonderful people like you.

How is your world this week?

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wish I was there to cheer you up...you could cheer me up, too! Only 13 more days till vacation...it's not so far away!

Marcia said...

I'm totally feeling your pain on the writers strike!!! At least we get to watch one more new eposode of Grey's tonight.

Caroline said...

I'm so sorry, but I know the feeling. My attitude was bad last week. Life is busy- too busy. Let's go walk soon. We can talk and walk off our carbs.

summer said...

After having chills all morning, I just took my temperature and it's 100, so I feel like crapitude. Misery loves company, right? Anyway, I love you and hope your season perks up soon.

Mauri said...

Even when your attitude is crapitude (which I am totally going to start using by the way), you make me smaile. I hope smiles come your way soon!

Marcia said...

I'm obviously having trouble keeping track of what day it is these days. Hope I didn't get you excited thinking that there was a new Grey's on tonight.

kunami10 said...

My attitude is crapitude lately too. I agree...I feel totally crummy every single day and don't know why. I kept thinking that I must be happy, but to no avail. Maybe in 11 more (school) days I can be happy...at least for 10 (school) days worth anyway. :-)

Maddie said...

hope your week gets better!! i think some extra marshmellows in the hot chocholate might cheer you up a little :)

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Drew regressed on the potty training too. He was near perfect for 2 weeks, and then refused for months! Good luck!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed