Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Movies over the break

Cody and I watched several movies over the break. Here are my movie reviews and thoughts. Let me know what you thought of these as well.

Charlie Wilson's War - I thought this was a very well written, informative, and entertaining movie. It is definitely eye opening to the positives and negatives of power and politics. The language is filthy. I found the movie fascinating and fast paced. I would definitely recommend it.

National Treasure 2 - It is good, not amazing, but good. Nicolas Cage's hair bothered and distracted me through the movie, but other than that it was another neat story. It makes me hope for buried treasure and that one day I will uncover a mystery to solve. Go in with lowered expectations and you will enjoy it.

Mr. Brooks - Cody and I rented this and loved it. It is VERY good. I must say it is a little naughty though. It is about a normal man who is a serial killer on the side. It is a captivating movie and you won't be able to blink until it is over. It is a great rental!

Shrek 3 - It was cute and clever. We rented it. I didn't the music was as great as the first and I thought Justin Timberlake was weak. It was worth a rental though.

Bourne Ultimatum - Another rental. It was SO fast paced. I should have rewatched the second one before I saw this one. It was a good story. I would have rather seen it in the theaters instead of on the TV and I think we would have liked it more.

Angel Falls, Big Montana Sky, Carolina Moon - These are all Nora Roberts books made into Lifetime movies. I thought they were all good. Check out old Lifetime television and see when any of these three are airing again. They are worth a lazy Saturday afternoon on the couch for sure. Please tell me some of you have seen these movies! *Note: Cody Nelson did not watch any of these movies with me nor does he think they are worth blogging about at all. I disagree and therefore they are posted.

Finally I want to think ABC Family, the Hallmark Channel, and FaLaLaLifetime for the pure enjoyment of the made for TV Christmas movies that aired all December. A special thanks to "Single Santa Seeking Mrs. Clause", "The Christmas Card", "A Boyfriend for Christmas", and "The Christmas Shoes" for your excellent Christmas fun. An extra special thanks to "The Christmas Gift" from 1986 for allowing me to see John Denver in a fine acting role.

So what have you been watching?

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Unfortunately, I haven't watched a single thing. But, I loved your disclaimer for Cody. So funny! Jeff would have me do the same.

Rachel said...

Did you see August Rush? One of the best moviies I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing your reviews - I never know what to go see or rent, so I like having personal reccomendations.

Jodi said...

I just LOVE your comments. Especially about all the TV Christmas movies... girl, how do you find the time?!?!? :) I love that you are just the same as when I left you. :) Love ya to pieces!

As for movies, we saw several of those, except not National Treasure. I thought the first one was retarded, and Nick Cage bugs the crud out of me, so I think I will boycott this movie. But thanks for the info! :) LOVE Bourne movies. LOVE them.

Erica said...

I went to see "P.S. I Love You" the other night with a friend and thought it was great! Be prepared to cry some if you go. It was just a really well written movie. It doesn't hurt that Jeffery Dean Morgan and Harry Connick Jr. were in it either:)

I also enjoyed all the made for TV movies over the holidays.

Carolyn said...

We went to see "Juno" recently, and liked it a lot. We also recently rented "Shrek 3" and "Ratatouille" and liked them both. Ratatouille is especially good. Thanks for the reviews!

Amy said...

I also loved Charlie Wilson's War. We saw it at Studio Movie Grill in Arlington. The movie and margarita time was super! We watched Goonies on New Years Day. It doesn't get much better.

Phillips Family said...

I recommend renting the movie "Once." It is a bit artsy...and almost like a musical...but it is wonderful.

By the way, I really like how y'all made the Christmas tree into a birthday tree. I knew of someone whose son's birthday was on Christmas day and the whole family went through this big ordeal of completely taking down all Christmas decorations by noon of the 25th in order for the child to have his own special birthday time. That seems quite stressful to me. However, making a birthday tree seems like tons of fun and very creative. Carley will remember that tradition forever.

*Kendra* said...

Is it bad that I haven't been to the movies since Cassidee was 6 months old? Pathetic, I think.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

We saw Mr. Brooks and loved it too, although it was a bit naughty, but also gory (sp?). We are about to watch Ocean's 13. We also watched License to Wed over the break and both thought it was hilarious!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed