Saturday, May 31, 2008

And Life Goes On.....

Thank you for all of your comments on the previous posts. Several have questioned why I put such personal stuff on the internet, well, the 38 comments, many emails, several cards, meals delivered, and everything else just really helped us through last week. Most of all I believe the prayers of others are carrying us through every day. Please continue to pray for us if you will.

Moving on, Summer is HERE! YAY! Friday was the last day of kids for us so school is out! I have one more week of work, but it will be good. Carley will hang out with Cody and my mom next week during the day which she will love. This is a picture of Carley rocking with Granny, the lady who keeps her when we are at work. Do not let Granny's white hair fool you, she has more energy that most of us and is hilarious. Witty and a dry sense of humor. Most of all she loves Carley like she is her own grandchild and gives her lots of hugs and kisses every day. We will miss her over the summer.

We got a membership to the Science Spectrum. Several of you blogger friends told us it was the thing to do this summer and man, were you right. It is so fun. I will post pictures of my future science nerd later.

Also, we have been swimming 3 times already. Carley is such a little fish. I just love it. Not all 2 year olds have 6 swimsuits, but Carley does. The one in this picture was given to us by a friend and I thought it was a cute way to show off Carley's "curves".

My favorite thing about 2 1/2 is that Carley thinks she is such a big girl. It was funny to do hilarious stuff to her hair or give her ridiculous accessories when she was a baby because she was clueless. Now it is funny because she thinks she is so glamorous all the time. Also, her hair is getting so long. Since I have never had curly hair I am amazed every day about how long it is wet and then how it shrinks up to curl when dry. She can wear her hair in full dog ears now and thinks she looks like a big girl when she does it. Here are some funny pictures of our funny girl.

Happy Summer everyone.

9 comments:

cmjj said...

I am glad you got to visit with my mom last night. She told me she saw you, and she, like so many other people, could not get over Carley's hair. She really does have quite a head of beautiful locks!! She is very fortunate! Love you!!!!
P.S. I miss you too!

melissa deaver said...

I love Carley's bathing suit pose, and the fact that her little fingernails are painted - too cute! :)

Unknown said...

I love Carley's curves! She is too cute, and Jackson has so many pairs of swimming trunks, too. Living in Texas, water is the way to go! Can't wait to see pictures of her other 5 bathing suits!

Still praying for you!

Jennifer said...

What a cutie! Yay, for summer. Miss you bunches!!

Stephanie Torresi said...

Love the pictures of Carley. I always wanted to have curly hair, and hers is beautiful!
I am thinking of you and praying for you every day. Love you lots!

Jennifer K said...

Carley is a girl that will always make me smile! Just like her momma!

I am so glad that you have Granny in your lives. She is very special!

Phillips Family said...

That hair is beautiful! I know the two of you are super excited to spend the summer together! Good luck finishing out your school year this week.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I LOVE the pigtails! Let's get together soon and let the girls play and swim together...Taylor loves the water, also.

The Stanford Family said...

YEAH FOR SUMMER!!!!

I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for all of you through this time in your lives.

Now for some questions...

1. How much was the Science Spectrum? I think Graham might like the little kids area with the water.

2. Where are you all going swimming? Kelly Bell and I had talked about going to Seahorse, but was just curious where you like to go.


Have a great summer with Carley!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed