Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy Weekend


I have never had school canceled before because of rain. Even Texas Tech is shut down for the day. Growing up and living in Lubbock rain is a rare joy. It is so funny, when it rains you can drive down the street and see people sitting in their garage with lawn chairs watching it. It is so funny. Well, Lubbock reported up to 9 inches in some places in the city in 24 hours and so we are flooded. No school today.

Carley and I are still in pjs, rocking, and watching cartoons. It is a great way to spend a Friday. We have company coming this weekend so it is nice to have a little more time to get ready for that and for our very busy weekend.

I really have nothing spectacular to blog about. Carley is doing great in school and most days is doing great at going potty. She wears panties all the time except to preschool where she wears a pull up under her panties. It is so cute. She is growing and changing each day and we marvel at the blessing and miracle she truly is.

I watched 90210 again this week and I am still not sure if I will be hooked or not. The part that got me most excited was the Kelly stuff which is not a good sign for the show. I really do like Silver though.

I am ready for my real shows to come back. I will do a post closer to about those shows, but I am excited.

Now I am going to go enjoy the rainy day at home.

Hope you have a good weekend.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe it! That's insane...and awesome. I'd be outside splashin' in some puddles if I were you. It's hard for a place with no substantial bodies of water to flood, but if any place can do it Lubbock can! Go Lubbock!

Marcia said...

I've been so focused on Ike, I didn't realize Lubbock was flooding. Glad yall are ok. Enjoy the rainy day with Carley!
I am soooo ready for the new shows too. Gray's and The Office are on my birthday. Lucky me!

cmjj said...

I talked to Candace this afternoon and she told me about the record rainfall...that is amazing!!! Rainy days are a great excuse for doing absolutely nothing. You don't have to feel bad about staying home all day or staying in your jammies. Do you remember when they shut down Lubbock schools a couple of years ago for the "blizzard" and then it didn't even snow a lick!!!!! BTW, Chris and I are chompin' at the bit for The Office. I can't wait to see what happens with Jim and Pam. Oh, I hope she doesn't get mad and break up with him!!!!!!!

Jennifer K said...

Don't you love LBK?! I also love the it is sunny, HUMID, and 90 right now! What happened to our rain! I wanted at least double digits! Enjoy your day. Can't wait until Monday.

Phillips Family said...

Craziness!

Hope you and your sweet girl enjoyed your day together!

Jennifer said...

In 10 years I taught in Lubbock, not one cancelled day, not one! Many delays, but never cancelled. That is CRAZY!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your extra day.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Cannot wait for The Office!!! Yay for lazy, rainy days!

Caroline said...

Who would have thought an inclement weather day in September?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed