Monday, December 01, 2008

My funny, crazy girl

I have to blog about the funny things Carley does so that I will remember them one day and can tell her about them. She has SO much spunk in her little body, it kills me.

Here are some stories, that really reflect her personality.

1. On Saturday Carley told us she needed to go potty. But instead of sitting down, she stood up and faced the potty and said, "Today I am going to potty like a big boy". I told her that boys and girls have different bottoms and that girls couldn't do that. She told me to "work on finding a way" so any ideas on that one??

2. On Friday, we were at the mall and she ran ahead of me in the cosmetics section at Dillards. I grabbed her arm and told her to wait for me. She turned around, pointed her finger, and LOUDLY said, "Mommy, you are not being nice. We do not talk to people like that. Do you understand me?" This stranger next to me said, "Ooooooooh she is going to get it", and Carley did.

3. On Friday we were also at Home Depot and once again she was not staying with me. I picked up and told her she had two choices. She could ride in the basket or hold my hand. Once again she darted off so I picked her up and said, "Carley do you want a spanking?" And she yelled "NO at the top of her lungs. Both my mom and I died laughing. Then, of course, she got in trouble.

4. When we were watching the Tech/UT football game a couple of months ago with some firemen and their families, Carley had an upset stomach and an accident. My precious little two year old said, "Jesus Christ, what a mess". You could have knocked us over with a feather. We went on to TRY and explain that we don't say Jesus's name like that and tried to explain context, which she totally did not understand. Then we went on to think the fireman who said that phrase when Tech missed a catch. The next night at church small group, she said, "Jesus Christ, who is going to clean all of this up?". Once again we went over the context and she said, "But, I was praying" and we told her she wasn't. So at 2, my daughter takes the Lord's name in vain. Luckily she hasn't said it again.

5. Carley says the sweetest prayer every night at the dinner table. I don't know where she learned it, but she says, " Dear God, Thank you for this day and everything you have given me. Thank you for Nana and Papa. Thank you for Mommy and Daddy. In your son's name we pray, Amen" Then over dinner if someone's name comes up, she always says, "STOP! We forgot to pray for them".

6. Sunday she woke up from her nap and the first thing she said was, "I am ready to be 18 so I can have a baby in my tummy and then it can be born". Not sure where all that came from. I told her she had to be at least 25.

7. On Saturday, she came running to me, gave me the biggest hug and kiss, and said, "Mommy, I could hug you forever".

8. 5 minutes later I told her she couldn't climb the Christmas tree and she told me, "If you keep telling me No, I am going to go to Nana's."

This little almost three year old keeps us on our toes, keeps us laughing, and keeps us thankful for the true miracle that she is.

23 comments:

Amy said...

Oh good grief, I sure love and miss your little mini-Ash!

cmjj said...

Oh Ashley! I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your house!!!! Those stories are absolutely hilarious and precious. #4 is just great!!!! Oh man, I wish I could be there :)

annalee said...

she is such a character. i love ready carley stories!

Anonymous said...

Carley is a hoot! #4 had me laughing out loud!

Jennifer K said...

Carley is my hero. Love that girl.

Let's get together, soon!

Carolyn said...

How precious! This post made my day. What a sweet and funny girl you have!

*Kendra* said...

I'm going to second that....she is totally a mini-Ashley! She is tooo funny!

Caroline said...

She is so funny. Send her over to play with Caroline. The could have a battle of one liners.

Hayley said...

#4 is the funniest thing I have read in a while!

Thanks for sharing!

Luft Family said...

Carley is precious! She gave me a big hug at school yesterday. It is so funny what they say, I love it!

Shanta said...

I wonder where she gets that spunk??? I am begging your mother to comment with some stories about you!

Jodi said...

That totally made my day!!!! :) Love that girl.

Phillips Family said...

Number 4 just about made me spit my coke out...hilarious!

Nicole said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. That really made me laugh. Wonder where she gets all that spunk ;)

Unknown said...

I love that Carley chose to use the Lord's name in vain at church small group. They always pick the worst time possible, huh. Don't you want to just smack some fireman for teaching her that trick?? Love! Jill

Alisa Palmer said...

this was the funniest thing I've read all day - thank you for writing these precious things down!

Amy said...

oh my goodness. hysterical.

Unknown said...

Carley sounds like a fiesty and spunky little girl! I love these stories. Hope you guys are enjoying the Christmas season!

The Speck family said...

Thanks for the laugh tonight! I laughed out loud at the "Jesus Christ" comments....they are total spounges!!! Hugs to you all.

PrEsToNs said...

those were fun to read! Loved ya'lls xmas card!!

Leah J. said...

These are HILARIOUS! I am sitting here by myself laughing out loud!!

Denae said...

Hilarious!!!!

Unknown said...

Hiya~ Just popped by. Your little girl is sooo funny! :) How sweet - #5 is just so sweet! U are very blessed! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed