Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts for a Tuesday

- Darius Rucker's new song, "It Won't Be Like This For Long" makes me tear up every time I hear it. So sweet, so true....

- The Office featured a John Denver song. You know how happy this makes me!!!

- Oprah had an episode on talking to your kids about sex last Wednesday. Ummmmm, interesting television. I could blog on many thoughts on this episode, but do not want to throw that out on the web for all to read. Let's just say, she and I feel differently about this on some issues.

- I have been losing my voice, hoarse, or had a sore throat for a week. I hate it when that happens. There is nothing I can take strong enough to kick it!

- We find out if baby Nelson is a boy or a girl on Tuesday. This blows my mind. Since this will be our last child, if I have a boy, I will be thrilled because Cody has a son and if I have a girl I will be thrilled because Carley has a sister. I have no gut feeling on what I am going to have. I think I am blocking it in my mind because I always go against the mom's gut instinct.

- Alyssa did a great job teaching Lauren, Carley, and Camryn about the crucifixion this weekend. Every time we see a cross anywhere, Carley yells out "Jesus died on the cross. I found it. I won" We are not sure what game she is playing, but glad her confidence is boosted by this???? Carley does love to talk about the cross and the empty tomb. Even though I know she really doesn't get it completely, it is still a cool step in her faith development.

- I have been eating lots of Easter Candy.

- Cody Nelson gets 5 stars for today. He was off while I was at work and he did ALL the laundry in the house. He washed, dried, hung up, and folded at least 4 loads today. Since we were gone for several days, this was a lot of laundry. I never even asked him to do it. He even did Carley's which is a first for him. If you see him, PLEASE pass on my gratitude. I want him to know how appreciated this is (so maybe it will happen again) Thanks so much, Cody! You are the best!

- Sometimes I feel great and the other times I feel really pregnant.

- We had a picnic at Carley's preschool today. She was so cute and so sweet while we were there. She was mad when we left though.


12 comments:

melissa deaver said...

Looking forward to Tuesday's post! :)

angie c said...

Those school functions are so hard because they are so upset when you leave again. It's kind of torturing.

What fun to find out the gender on Tuesday!! Can't wait to hear! :)

Amy said...

Carly looks WAY too much like a big girl. I'm sad I'm not there to watch her grow.

It also makes me sad that in the picnic photo you are wearing the shirt that you wore when we took that pic at ACU homecoming when we were pregnant together. It's a little weird that you're doing this without me this time. :)

Jennifer K said...

LOve me some Darius. And...the Weds Oprah was a little much. It was a very interesting perspective and it made me realize that I am not ready for my kids to grow up! :)

Luft Family said...

I did not catch the whole episode of Oprah, but what I did see/hear scares me. My babies are still young...I am going to keep telling myself that! I can't wait to hear about Miss or Mr. Nelson on Tuesday...so exciting!!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I love hearing Carley stories - she is such a funny girl. Can't wait to hear what kind of baby you are getting! :)

Kelli said...

I love reading your blog. Just thought you should know.

Also: I, too love Darius Rucker's song. Have you heard Brad Paisley's song "Then"? It's pretty good too.

cmjj said...

Hey friend...I hope your family is doing OK...I have been thinking about you! Love you lots!!

Allison said...

I cannot believe you find out on Tuesday!!! How exciting! Praying for a healthy baby!!!

Allison said...

OH, and I KNOW what you mean about that Oprah show. I think my jaw was on the floor the entire time!

Jodi said...

MANY tears lately because of Hootie's :) song. Totally understand.

I cannot WAIT until next Tues. Just know that there are some extra special prayers here just for you and baby 2. :)

Tiffany said...

Ooh...I cannot wait to find out what you are having!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed