Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jumping for Joy!

First of all, if you haven't checked out my sister's eloquently written post, head to her blog and read an update from the O'Rear family.

I am one of those mom's that is CONSTANTLY making Carley earn things. Positive reinforcement works best with her and she loves to earn things and count things down. Lately she has been coming in our room in the middle of the night to ask such important questions as:
"Do Angels have hands?"
"Will it be cold tomorrow?"
"Why did you fix that casserole for dinner?"
"If you could make your hair any color, what would it be?"
"Are you guys scared too?"
"I think I see an eyeball in my floor."

Carley is supposed to stay in bed until "the first number is a 6" on her clock. (I realize for most of you that is WAY early, but me and the kids leave the house at 7:05 each morning for me to be at work by 7:30, so things get moving early at Casa de Nelson)

Basically I think Carley just wanted to see if she was missing out on any fun, if we were playing with Corey, or I think she just wanted one of us to go lay with her. Either way we started a campaign for a trampoline. She had to stay in bed for a week to earn it. She did it and was SO excited today to jump!

Our backyard is small, so it is only an 8 foot trampoline, but it works for her!

4 comments:

courtney said...

yay!! i'm so glad carley finally got her trampoline! she'll love it!

Jodi said...

Way to go Carley!! We may have to embark upon a similar campaign due to the same nighttime struggles. I need my beauty sleep!!!!!

YAY about your sister!!!!!!!!!!

The Speck family said...

That girl is sooo funny~ I love the line "I think I see an eyeball on the floor" :). I must meet her!

So, so happy for your entire family on the wonderful news about your sister!!!

LawtonDickerson said...

I think you will like "Jessica's Daily Affirmation" on you tube.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed