Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Marcy and Candace

Weekend before last was very special for me. One of my very oldest and dearest friends came in town with her kids for the weekend. Marcy and I became friends in Kindergarten and best friends in 1st grade as I remember. Since this blog is for me to look back and document memories for my kids, then I am going to ramble on about Marcy and I for a minute. In elementary school we sat by each other for the 1st six weeks every single year because both of our maiden names started with C. We enjoyed SO many of the same things like the Boxcar Children series, Kirk Cameron, choir, and being dorks. Marcy's family was similar to mine in many ways and our parents had many of the same values. I feel like I spent the night with Marcy or vice versa at least every other weekend for years. We both loved to sing. I have a little talent in this area, Marcy is gifted beyond belief. We sang together for years, and even though we went to different high schools, we stayed connected through choir, show choir, and being life long friends. Marcy met her hubby Chris when we were sophomores in high school and they have been together ever since. Chris is talented musically as well. I mean if you call singing in Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in New York City talented, then I guess that counts. :)

After college for several months Marcy and Chris lived in the same apartment complex as me and we said it was our dream come true. I am so thankful to have had such a strong Christian friend growing up with the same morals and values I had. It really helped me ignore peer pressure because we were there together. I pray the same close friend for my kids as they go through school.

ANYWAYS, Marcy was in town with her two kids, Jordan and Jaron. Chris was busy singing on Broadway. :) Marcy's little sister Candace, who is like family to me as well, invited the Nelsons over. We had such a good time. Watching all of our kids play brought back a million memories. Candace has two cuties, Jaden and Claire. It was so great to all be together. Here are a few pictures from the evening.
Candace, me, and Marcy

Our kids
Claire, Jordan, Corey, Carley, Jaden, Jaron

Claire and Carley
Carley, Marcy's precious mom, Claire, and Jordan

Carley and Me with Marcy's precious kids


Marcy, Cody, and me

2 comments:

Kelli said...

How fun! There's not much better than watching your kids playing with the children of your childhood friends! Go Parsons Pirates!!!

cmjjbohannon said...

Ashley, you have no idea how much I have prayed the same prayer for our kids....that they would have a good Christian friend, with loving and caring parents. You and your family have impacted my life forever. You will ALWAYS be so dear to me, I LOVE all of you tremendously. Thanks for being there for me:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed