Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What I have been reading and watching



I read these two books this week, "A Stolen Life" and "Choosing to See". Both books were incredibly touching, made me cry, and were the tales of endurance, perseverance, hope, and surviving the unthinkable.

For Jaycee her story is the story of a child victimized in the most horrendous way for almost two decades. She overcame so much, stayed strong, and is making a new life for her and her daughters.


For Mary Beth, it was a story of tragedy that happened in a moment. Her daughter was accidentally run over by her son and the battle to fight to move on, to trust, and have faith.

Both stories share such amazing stories that I really recommend that you read. Both stories are great resources and stories of hope. One thing that stood out was the other character in Mary Beth's story. That character that is there through the entire story is God. She knows He is there, hurting, crying, loving, healing, supporting, and working in POWERFUL ways. For Jaycee he is never mentioned. Both ladies are moving on and overcoming so much, but I am left to think how much more Jaycee would have had if she would have known Jesus. I can't imagine.

These books are excellent. I would be interested to see who out there has read both and what you thought.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed