Friday, March 03, 2006

Attn: Mr. Postman

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. I had a parent meeting at work last night and Cody had been at the station all day and then had Paramedic class until 10:00. Carley was with my parents all day. After school and before the meeting I didn't have time to go home. I ran to my parents and fed Carley then I had to be back at work. After the meeting I went and picked her up and went home. I pulled in the driveway at 8:45. I got Carley out of the car and carried her to the mail box. I was telling her that it was my birthday and that I would read her my birthday cards. Earlier in the week I had already received some birthday mail and I just knew that this day would hold the same exciting sight when pulled down on the silver door. I excitedly opened the mailbox and.....it was EMPTY! I proceeded to check my neighbors box to see if they had mail and they did. The mailman had come, just nothing for the Nelsons. How many days a year do you not receive any mail? Maybe 3 days a year? No cards, bills, coupons, magazines! NOTHING! What in the world?? I looked forward all day to coming home and getting the mail and there was nothing there. An empty mailbox any day is sad, but on your birthday it is depressing.

11 comments:

leslie said...

I'm so sorry Ashley!! I hope you had a Happy Birthday anyway!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you share a birthday with Dr. Seuss? (I guess I should say shared, since he is dead.) I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I am...

Robby and Lynsey said...

I forgot you were my march birthday buddy! Happy Birthday!!! I am sorry that you didn't get anything in the mail the day of ... that is one of my birthday "fears" ... especially living so far away! It IS depressing and I'm sad for you ...

Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday!

Just take your neighbors mail next time and pretend it is yours....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You were super busy!! I hope that you were able to kick up your feet and relax once you got home!

Carolyn said...

Happy late Birthday, Ashley! I know it makes me sad when the box is empty, and especially on an important day. Know you are loved by many, even if the postman can't deliver things on time. :-)

Jennifer K said...

I'm sorry I only sent an e-mail wish! Know that you are loved by many! :) If it makes you feel better I left school at the same time-but I had the Science Fair. Good Times. I know you miss it! :)

Alyssa said...

Sorry! I can't believe you didn't get mail on your actual day.... :(

Hope today was better.... a free dinner with mom and dad and yummy birthday cake.. wish i was there to celebrate with you :)

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I am sure that even if your mailbox was empty, your e-mail inbox was very full! It is for reasons such as these that our postage now costs $.39. If you would like, I can mail you one of the Valentine's Day photo cards from Jackson that I ordered this past Tuesday...

Shanta said...

ASHLEY!! I'm so sorry that we didn't get you a card! I haven't been keeping up with the blog world so well lately... my bad. Well, happy belated my friend. You are cherished (albeit late) by us all. We love you! (and it's now on my calendar for next year.) :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed