Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thirteen Good Things This Week


1. HUMPREY'S! Those teething pellets made a world of difference. I remembered that we received some at a baby shower and they are great. Carley has slept through the night again and is back on routine! YEAH! (my fingers are definitely crossed as I type this)

2. Bluebell Chocolate Covered Strawberries ice cream-- It is a new flavor and it is SO good! We are addicted.

3. Carley and I are in mommy and me swim lessons. We have lots of fun playing with Yvette and Ellie & Kelli and Drew.

4. My parents kept Carley for a couple of hours on Saturday morning so Cody and I could go see Pirates of the Caribbean II. The movie was good (not great, but definitely good) and it was awesome to go without our friend Carley!

5. My old roommate Jodi (Gray) Beaver had a beautiful baby girl named Reagan Noel in Houston this week. I can't wait to give her hugs! Both Mommy and baby are doing great!

6. Cody took Monday off to hang out with me and Carley. It was so fun. We took a much needed family nap. I loved it.

7. I am in a Ladies' Bible Study on Monday nights and I am enjoying it so much. The book we are using is called "Having A Mary Heart in a Martha World". It is very challenging and very good. Monday night's discussion was especially thought provoking and touching.

8. Carley had a good 6 month check up. 28 inches long and 18 lbs! WOW! I know! She is so precious and we just love her.

9. It has rained almost everynight this week. I love falling asleep to the rain of summer storms. It makes me feel like I am not in West Texas.

10. I rented High School Musical this weekend. It is a must see for cheesiness! The love story and the songs could not be any more predictable. It is in the Disney section if you rent it. I did work on learning the dance at the end if anyone wants to perform with me.

11. Sams Wholesale -- What can I say about Sams? We found so much stuff we needed there this weekend. It was great.

12. So far so good with the adoption for our friends of Emily Hope. Please keep this in your prayers. Everything is good to go right now.

13. Last Comic Standing - If you are not watching it, you need to...FUNNY STUFF! The finals are next week. Everyone needs to watch.

That is a rundown of the week. Hope all is well with you and your family.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I also love teething tablets, Sams and anything Bluebell! Have you tried their cinnamon ice cream? I am a huge fan! Boone and I saw Pirates of the Carribean on Saturday. I liked it for the most part but did not like that nothing was resolved by the end. Carley is getting so big! What percentile is she in? As for summer TV, I am watching Project Runway and the Closer. I love them both, and since Project Runway just started last night, you should totally start watching! I am so glad you had a great week!

Congratulations to Jodi!

Caroline said...

I'm glad the teething tablets helped Carley! Also, I'm totally jealous that it rained at your house. We didn't even get a sprinkle!

Alyssa said...

Please, please, please be prepared to show me the dance routine that you learned at the end of High School musical.

hejlyeah said...

Teething tablets are a Godsend. Cooper loves those. I can't believe she's already 6 months old! WOW!

Shanta said...

I love the Closer. I want to be Kyra Sedgwick when I grow up. Drawl and all.

Wendy said...

Hey, Ashley! How fun that our babies are the same age. No teeth for Casen yet though. I am jealous of the mommy and me swim classes. I haven't found any of those in Abilene. I bet that is so fun. We'll have to introduce our kiddos to each other some day.

Wendy

angie c said...

High School Musical: a-w-e-s-o-m-e

It's such a cleaned up version of Grease. It's funny how you notice the nastiness of Grease as an adult. I never understood why my mom wasn't thrilled about me watching that..now I know.

Unknown said...

I'm loving that you rented "High School Musical"- I've been wanting to see that, so now you've officially motivated me to go rent it! I saw on MSNBC recently how that movie/tv show has been a complete success for Disney, and no one saw it coming....I'm convinced that America will forever be entertained by people singing and dancing..... from "Singing in the Rain" to "High School Musical"- they are timeless forms of entertainment, and good, clean fun!

MDM said...

High School Musical ROCKS THE HOUSE, YA'LL. Imagine 18 third graders at their end of the year school party with the soundtrack blasting and all the girls in the middle of the classroom singing EVERY word and dancing. There were even a few boys chiming in when no-one was looking! That movie has done Disney proud. I LOVE your blog for a good laugh!

Julie said...

That's it, I am renting High School Musical and getting some Blue Bell. Tomorrow.

*Kendra* said...

Hey Ashley! Jodi told me about your blog, and I've had fun catching up with your last few months! I'll email you pictures of her baby Reagan if you haven't seen her yet. I'm working on our blog now....3brooms.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
Kendra

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed