Thursday, May 03, 2007

This Week's Grey's Gossip

So the two hour episode was not as dramatic I was expecting. It was....interesting though.


So Addison's spin off stuff wasn't what I was expecting. First, everyone seems really old. Now I like the Tim Daly and Taye Diggs. I did NOT like the "I am going to kiss you with tongue" comment. Seriously? I also do not think the surfer receptionist is hot. I kind of think the voice in the elevator is funny though. The acupuncture was a little much for me too. I liked the chemistry between Addison and Tim Daly, but it reminded me too much of McDreamy. It was okay though. I am not sure what I think about it all, what about you?

Shame on Izzie and George. The look so dramatically tortured. Callie is stupid if she can't see what is going on. I am not sure who I am rooting for in this triangle.

Meredith, Meredith, Meredith. Some of you do not like Meredith (shout out to my sister), but I really liked her this episode. I think she is trying to be better and I think she sees the downfalls in her character and wants to fix them. It was sweet when she was trying to work things out with Thatcher and with Derek. I was very hopeful, until the end. SHAME ON THATCHER! You can tell that set her back emotionally. Derek is so confused about her (which I understand, she didn't swim) which lets me know they will be over in the next two episodes.

Alex, what is up with Alex? I so want to know his past and I wonder if it will ever surface. He is one of my favorite characters now. The stuff with Ava is interesting. I wonder how that will all play out.

And then Preston, Christina, and moms were tough for me. They are just such a somber couple. In my opinion, they work too hard at this relationship and it makes me tired for them.

So the previous looked good, what are your guesses on the last two episodes? Do you think the spin off will make? Will it be called Addison's Anatomy? (I hope not)

Now, for the other Thursday night TV shows. I usually don't watch Earl, but the Rudy stuff was HILARIOUS tonight. As for the Office, it was hysterical, but I thought it pushed the line a little too much with Michael and the finger through the fly. It was a really funny episode though. What do you think will happen with Jim, Karen, and Pam?

That is my Thursday wrap up. Only one more alarm clock day!

8 comments:

Allison said...

I actually liked the spin-off with Addison. I think I'll give it a chance.

I totally gaged when he said kiss you with tongue. Sooooooo lame. I too think the surfer boy is not hot. I thought they were copying the old Pepsi commercial...girls on their lunch break watching the worker guys...do you remember??? Meredith is growing on me again. Christina and Burke...cant wait to see the wedding! And the George triangle....too much to handle!

You are so good with the weekly TV updates!!!

Anonymous said...

The episode was not as good as I thought it was going to be. It was a lot of Addison. I realize they were trying to prepare us for the spin-off but I wanted more Grey's. The surfer guy not so cute. And the scene w/o his shirt on-at least they could have photoshopped his love handles out! The "I'm going to kiss you with tongue" line killed me. Who says that? If you say that, you should not be allowed to kiss anyone. Izzie and George are just wrong. I feel bad for Callie. Meredith's dad hitting her was too much. I don't think Meredith will get over that. We need to see more from Alex. The Ava character's teeth really bother me so I don't like scenes with her. I think it is being dragged out.

Sue said...

Well, Grey's was just okay. I wanted more Grey's and less spin off. How in the world could Thatcher slap Meredith? They've made him out to be this wonderful sensitive man. It was a little hard to believe. George makes me really sad. And Alex is the most interesting right now. I never really know how I feel about Christina and Burk. And, oh my gosh!! I want to kiss you with the tongue? Sick!

Amy said...

I'm right on track with what everyone has said. The LA spin-off was weird. Every character was super cliche and all the women were portrayed as weak, "love"-starved wimps. My favorite part of the whole show was Addison's awesome wardrobe and car. That's about it. Izzy & George make my skin crawl. I think Burke's gonna dump Christina. I don't know what's gonna happen with Meredith now.

kunami10 said...

Hmmmm....I'm not quite sure what I think about Grey's this week. I was not expecting a 2 hour spin off on Addison(I was out running and didn't catch that in the trailers or something.) However, I LOVE Taye Diggs. But, I wanted more Grey's. Everyone is hurting right now - Derek is confused about Meredith, I think Burke is second-guessing his feelings about Christina, and then there is Izzy and George. What can I say about them? I just hope things get straightened out soon.

Alyssa said...

okay, maybe I am just really old... but I really liked the spin off. loved tim daly and taye diggs...hated the surfer dude and tongue comment. I really enjoyed a break from the drama of selfishness that can be Grey's right now. i actually liked the spinoff stuff better than the grey's stuff (except for Bailey).

Jodi said...

Call me crazy, but I thought the tongue comment was funny. I laughed out loud. Gross, of course unnecessary, but it gave me some comic relief. I think he is hot, and his character seems to be a little "out there", so it seemed appropriate somehow. Guess I am alone in this. :)

Grey's is killing me. Not sure how the end of the season will turn out, but hopefully SOMETHING will get resolved or ended or something because I am beat down by it all right now. Still love the show though...

Marcia said...

I just now got to watch, so I've been avoiding your blog since Friday. I agree, there was too much spin off. The surfer was not so exciting. The tongue comment was bad! I'll probably still give the new show a shot.
I wish Izzy was the one that was taking about leaving not George. I still don't get this big chemistry the two are supposed to have. Callie has got to get a clue and see what's going on.
Mer & Der are on such thin ice and it makes me sad. She's trying, but she can't help what her dad did to her or derek geting messed up with the race for chief.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed