Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Worst Phone Converstation EVER with Customer Service

I am blogging from my parents house tonight. We are staying here while Cody finishes the floors and we do a few more things. I will blog more about the move later, I am too tired to do it right now. I DO have a story that I deem blogworthy today.

We have had lots of problems getting our phone service moved over. Here are a few excerpts from my phone conversation with the phone customer service rep today.

Rep - Madame Nelson, I cannot verify your new address. Is the state that you are in Dallas or Arkansas? (Clue number one she is not living in the US)

Me - My state is Texas.

Rep - Is Texas close to Houston? (Clue #2)

Me - Houston is a city in our state. I live in Lubbock.

Rep - I cannot find the state Lubbock.

Me - TEXAS is the state, Lubbock is the city.

5 minutes of this banter continue, my frustration level grows.

Rep - What is your zip code?

Me - 794--

Rep - I said Zip Code

Me - 794--

Rep - Madame Nelson, Zip codes have alphabets not numbers.

Me - I need to stop talking to you at this point and speak to someone else.

Rep - No, Madame Nelson, I want to help you.

Me - Help me by letting me speak to someone in my country or in Texas.

Rep - Madame, I work for your phone company.

Me - You are about to work for my FORMER phone company, transfer me to a TEXAN now.

Rep - Okay, Madame Nelson, but first, can I interest you in long distance plans?

Me - I do not want to speak to you any more. Please transfer me.

I still do not have phone service. I am still tired. I am still not sure that out sourcing our customer service is the best idea.

17 comments:

Marcia said...

That is a hilarous conversation! Are you sure you weren't being tricked and put on the radio?

Anonymous said...

That is crazy!! What was her name? I kinda like Madame Ashley for you! Can't wait until the big move!

Caroline said...

I'm sorry for your troubles, but that absolutely made my day- hysterical.

Erica said...

Thanks for making me laugh. You had way more patience than I would have I think. I hope the rest of the move goea more smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud! Surely that person was playing a prank and cannot be serious???!!!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious, but I am glad it wasn't me. I also like Madame Ashley for you. Good luck with the rest of the move!

Ashley said...

She was not playing a joke. In the process she messed up my account. When I finally got transferred to a Texas lady, it took them 30 minutes to undo it, but she still had it set where my phone was disconnected and it takes 24 hours to reconnect. No jokes, just bad customer service.

Sincerely,
Madame Nelson

Alyssa said...

dude, i still can't believe that story.. and I talked to you right after it happened! No one calls you at home anyway, MN- so you it will be okay~ love you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I hate that for you! That was crazy, Madame Nelson!

Allison said...

WOW...I felt my blood pressure rising with that story. HOW ANNOYING!!!

Cortni said...

That is so funny in a not funny kind of way. I would have been SO frustrated.

Do you watch 30 Days? There was a great show on outsourcing...and this post reminded me of it. They have to pass an English test before they can answer calls...apparently, Madame Nelson, your service representative must have not taken the test!!

Stephanie Torresi said...

Wow! Here I have been working on a blog entry about my problems with Telecom Italia for the past year and thinking that in the States, we don't have many problems with customer service...then I read your blog. That is one crazy story. Hope things go a little more smoothly! Love you!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I know this was very frustrating for you, but I sure enjoyed the laugh. I use to have to call insurance companies at my old job, and I spoke with someone from a differnent country every day. This is a soap box you don't want me to get on!!!

Amy said...

WOW!! I'm sorry you had to go through that but reading it just made my day. That's hilarious. I've experienced language barriers with foreign call centers before but nothing like that! I commend you for your patience!

Lisa Renee said...

That sounds like a conversation with rep from my health insurance company! Oh the joy!

summer said...

I think you need a t-shirt that says:

"Madame Nelson, Zip codes have alphabets not numbers."

Now that's just funny.

The Stanford Family said...

This is great! It is so true.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed