Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things

Publish PostWell, the transition back to working was much easier than I expected. Carley went right back to Granny's as if she had just been gone a weekend. She just marched right in with her lunch box and started playing. In fact, my feelings were a little hurt that she didn't cry for me or miss me. Keep in mind I said a "little". I am so glad she is happy there and well taken care of with Granny and Papa. Carley also has a new buddy named Hudson who is 3 months old and super cute. She thinks he hung the moon.

As soon as I got back to work it felt good. I forgot the energy that I receive from being in that environment. Everyone was great and I got to start training my favorite people, new teachers. They are always super excited and ready to get started.

I can't thank all of you enough for your comments, emails, and prayers as I started back to work. It is a blessing to be encouraged by so many friends. Leaving Carley is always hard, it always will be. Missing her sweet smile, funny games, and precious legs will always bring tears to my eyes in a split second. Thanks for understanding my post and supporting the decision that my family made.

In other news, my mom and I (mostly my mom) recovered the kitchen chairs. The fabric was the one my grandmother had when they were hers. The leaves reminded me of her, but they definitely were out dated and dark. I loved the new fabric. You can kind of see it here. It is navy, sage, and brown. I think it looks good in our kitchen.

Finally, some picture of Carley for no reason other than I think she is cute.

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

Cute girl, cute chairs :)

I wish I could have been there for your trainings... I picture them as a "stand up comedy routine"- with a few facts thrown in :) JK- I totally know you are awesome at your job :)

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcia said...

What better reason to post pictures of Carley than just because she's cute?

Erica said...

I love the fabric you picked for the chairs!! So cute!!

You are definitely in my prayers for you to have an amazing year. You are obviously so good at teaching and being a wonderful mom to your precious little girl! Keep the adorable pictures coming:)

Caroline said...

Carley is absolutely cute! I'm so glad to hear that the transition went well. That always makes it easier.

Unknown said...

Carley is SO CUTE (love that little outfit she's wearing) and I am sooo glad things are going well back to work. It sounds like your childcare situation is absolutely perfect, which is such a blessing.

kunami10 said...

Ok - now that I am back home, I can read all your posts. Carley is super cute, and I can see why you miss her so much...it's for the same reasons that I miss Ty and Ry when they are at school. There are days when I really want to be a stay at home mom, but others when I love being at work. And of course, being able to buy Sonic cokes is definitely a plus side to working! :-) I know it's my favorite reason.

Prince Edward said...

Very cute outfit Miss Carley has on!

And the chairs look great.

Glad you are enjoying your first few days back at school. I know it is so much nicer to be away from your kids when you know they are happy and being taken good care of!

Jodi said...

SO glad the transition has gone well. I know it has to be so hard, but you are blessed to leave her in a trustworthy place for a job that you love! And I agree... great reason to post pics of a cute girl! :) Love ya!

Sara said...

she is so precious Ashley! I just love her!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed