Sunday, August 19, 2007

Exhaustion

I am so exhausted. It has been over a week since I last blogged and I have nothing to say. This is very weird for me. I guess I will just talk about my week and wait for something humorous or exciting to hit me.

Lauren, my three year old niece, was here this week. As always, she is hilarious, precious, and amazing rolled into one little red head. Sunday I saw her for just a minute. Monday she came over for a little while. Tuesday we went to Rosas for Taco Tuesday. Wednesday she and Nana picked Carley up from Granny's for me and then we all went to Chucky Cheese. Thursday my sister and sweet niece Camryn came in to join the fun and we went to Lujans. Friday we went to Taco Villa and Saturday morning we went to Lubbock Breakfast House. Yep, that is a LOT of eating out. It was so fun though. Lauren is a jewel and she gives the best hugs. Camryn has learned to say my name and my heart melts every time she sees me, reaches out her little arms and calls my name.

Since I do most of the staff development for our school, staff development days are CRAZY for me. When kids are in session, my job is easier because teachers are busy. When there are no kids, teachers have more free time which keeps me more on my toes. To start the week off my AWESOME assistant, Jeremy, was offered a promotion to go to our Central Office. Of course I supported him totally and was so happy for him when he got the position, but it totally broke my heart. We are great friends and we work really well together. For those of you who need assistants, I highly recommend hiring a male. They don't gossip, they come to work to work and then go home, they don't nest, and they don't take it all too seriously while at the same time they get a lot done, at least this is always my experience. So I spent the rest of the week interviewing for his replacement. All week I was very teary about his promotion. Good byes are so hard for me. I am so selfish and want to keep everyone I love and enjoy close to me forever. Nothing brings tears for me like good byes. I am just horrible about them. I think that is why I always tape and rewatch and rewatch and rewatch last episodes to TV shows and I read the end of a book a minimum of three times. I am just really big on closure. (and I am crazy) Cody was so great this week and was really supportive the whole time. He loves Jeremy too and knows what a loss this is for me.

I read a lot of books in the evenings. I have been kind of in a recluse kind of mood lately and reading is always good for that. I finished the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury and read the first on of her Sunrise series books. I also started Eclipse which is the third book in my vampire love story series. This books are so good. I can not stop gushing about them!

Finally Carley has been the light of my week. We have had so much fun having tea parties in the evenings. She is SO feminine which is SO funny considering I am her mom. She loves baby dolls, bottles, tea parties, bows, and all sorts of little girl stuff. Saturday she and I spent the entire day home together playing until Cody came home. She is in such a great phase right now.

I am exhausted. This week has been a killer. It is amazing to me each time I get this tired how much I feel God working in my life. Our God is such a loving and caring Father. He has answered prayers of energy, peace, and security for me this week a million times. He truly is our Daily Bread. My self reliance is such a joke and He patiently lets me know that in subtle ways. I am very thankful that my daughter and dog have already gone to bed and I am about to rest in the arms of my patient and caring husband and under the watchful and doting eyes of my Heavenly Father who delights in knowing that I am at rest and at peace.

I hope you have a blessed week.

7 comments:

Allison said...

I can't tell you how much I love reading your blog. Ever since we first met I have looked up to you...still do now!

I bet you are the BEST at your job. I would have LOVED you as a teacher. They are so lucky to have you there for support. I hope you find another Jeremy!!

Someday...when you come this way I want to drive and see you and meet miss Carley!! Love you!!!

summer said...

Hoping you find rest, peace and time to take care of yourself. Love you, friend.

Jennifer K said...

What sweet and honest words! I loved our time today. It means so much for you to talk and listen to me during this busy time. I appreciate your friendship!

Alyssa said...

My three favorite things about that post:

1)You are so sweet to talk about L and C that way... they love their Aunt Cee so much!
2) You throw in the Vampire love story trilogy like it is a normal thing to read.. (I mean... I read them too- but it was just funny)
3) It reminds me what a good writer you are... love you!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I like to eat a lot when I am in Lubbock as well. So many good resteraunts ... so little time.

I am also horrible at good-byes. I cry like a baby. So, along with reading/watching the endings of stories several times ... what other good tips do you have?? ;)

Hope this week is less chaotic!

rteam said...

I can totally relate!! I am doing a lot of training this week for our district and Jody is out of town!!! I barely making it where I need to be when I need to be there and then I'm exhausted!! I hope your week gets better and you find a new assistant. Good luck & thanks for your comments on my blog!

Kelli said...

Hey girl,

We've never met, but I was a Siggie at ACU right after you left, and I am married to Joe Dan Galyean, so we have some mutual friends. :) I read your blog all the time and this time I just had to comment!

Being a teacher myself, it is so encouraging to hear how much you put into your job and how much you enjoy it. We need more people like you in the education world! Secondly, I do the same thing with books and TV shows! I am excited to see someone who reads the end over and over again! Finally, what is the vampire love trilogy? I LOVE to read, and this sounds intriguing!

Oh, and it is my deeply held belief that Taco Villa is THE superior fast food tex-mex. I am so jealous that you get to eat there whenever you want! Have a great week! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed