Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Lords Prayer

We have been working on saying scripture here at the Nelson home and man, has it blessed me. They really are such sponges. Obviously, this is not perfect or anything, but I am proud of Carley for learning the Word so I wanted to record it for our records. She knows are few short scriptures, but this is her longest to learn. Here is Carley saying the Lord's Prayer after bath tonight. Please excuse my adult acne. I wanted to save this moment for Carley to see one day so I am posting inspight of my face, Carley telling me to let go of the microphone, and me having to prompt her much more than normal. This is our first experience at recording on a webcam so she was really distracted.

16 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That's precious and amazing!

cmjj said...

Oh Ash!! That is so cute! I am so proud of Carley, but I know not as much as you are. She speaks so well. It feels good to teach your kids about Jesus, huh? And now she will never forget that prayer. What an inspiration to Christian parents everywhere! I love you, and it was good to hear and see you. BTW, I didn't see any adult acne, and I still get it too. Just ask Jordan. She reminds me quite often that I put on make-up to hide my zits!

Caroline said...

She is brilliant! And you are obviously a very wonderful mommy to to have a two year old that can recited the Lord's Prayer! Good Work!

Jennifer K said...

Unreal. YouTube here she comes! Carley can take on that other little girl anyday! Now...if she could only teach Elise that would be great. Does she tutor?

Nicole said...

Adorable. That makes my heart so happy! It is awesome you are filling your precious child's heart and mind with scripture. You have inspired me. Thanks friend! Carley is just so cute and VERY smart!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you are such a good momma for teaching Carley the Lord's Prayer at such a young age!! What a precious girl!

Jennifer said...

I love it!!! That is so special to see and hear. What a blessing. :)

*Kendra* said...

Completely precious!

melissa deaver said...

That's so great! :)

Shanta said...

WOW!! That was awesome. Tell her we love her and are so proud!

Rachel said...

That's so sweet! I need to think of some really short ones to start teaching Roselyn.

Jodi said...

That honestly couldn't be any sweeter. :)

Mauri said...

So, So, So PRECIOUS!

Dana said...

THANK YOU for thinking about us. I have had my phone off when I am sleeping. Sleep doesn't come as often now. :) Things are going well. I love this sweet baby more and more every day.

angie c said...

So precious.

Going to watch it again now. :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I am just now watching this but WOW! How amazing! She is precious!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed