Saturday, May 17, 2008

Man, I need to blog!

Goodness it has been awhile since I blogged. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to say, but I want to communicate with my fellow bloggers so I want to blog, just not sure how to go about it.

Today I will attempt to blog by numbers:

9 - Days left of school with kids until summer!

8 - Times I have gone to Sonic in the past two weeks and ordered a large water with lemon or lime. This is my new vice. I am trying to be better about Diet Cokes, but I love the Sonic experience so much! This is my way of getting a drink and treating myself but still having water.

7 - Days since Mother's Day and I still haven't blogged about my mom and how wonderful she is. We were able to spend a lot of time together last weekend. She is such a great mom and such an amazing Nana. Here are my two girl dates on Mother's Day.

6- The Oceanic 6 on Lost have me captivated. That show is so good. I am looking forward to the two hour finale in two weeks.

5- 5 little fingers on each hand and 5 little toes on each foot. My little Carley loves to have her nails painted and thinks this is so fun, special, and something for only big girls. This is my newest bribe in surviving the temper tantrums of a two- year old. "Carley, if you do not kick mommy while I brush your teeth and hair, then I will paint your left hand of finger nails." Maybe not qualifying me for mother of the year, but my version of doing the best I can!

4- Four days of good rain in the past couple of weeks in Lubbock. This rain has been much needed and sure made it look green here which is very impressive.

3. Three of my six shows had Season Finales last week. Brothers and Sisters was so good. What a show that is. The Bachelor was a let down to me. Thank goodness Cody did not refer to me as "Monkey" when he proposed. And The Office was AWESOME. the Kevin thing was great and kept me laughing. The whole thing was brilliant. Jan being pregnant, Micheal being somewhat normal, Andy and Angela, Angela and Dwight, Jim and Pam.....I loved it all!

2. 2 weeks of school till summer. - Did I already mention that? It is worth repeating!

1. - I am teaching one class at LCU this summer I think it will be so fun. It is only 3 weeks long. about 75% of it will be online. I am looking forward to doing some adjunct stuff there. What a fun way to earn some extra cash and still get to be with my Carley over the summer. Plus, it will be a good way to dust off the old teaching skills.

Any other significant numbers out there?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great pic of Carley and your Mom!

Tiffany said...

0-The number of times I've talked to you recently. Must fix that this week!:)

Mauri said...

I've been a major blog slacker lately... you've inspired me. Glad things are going well and that summer is on the horizon!

cmjj said...

Friend, if I were there in Lubbock I would SOOOOOOO go to Sonic with you anytime you want to go. We do not have a Sonic anywhere near us here in Jersey. It is very depressing at times!!!! The kids and I did the same thing one summer. We were very low on cash, and I didn't want them hooked on soft drinks, so we would go get Sonic waters just to enjoy the experience! Chris made so much fun of us!! And let's talk about the Office........I am a little worried about Jim and Pam. I hope that he tells her what happened and that she doesn't want to break up with him. I felt so bad for him when stupid Andy stole the spotlight! AAARRRRGGGGG!!! Kevin was hilarious, Michael was hilarious, but I wish he would stay away from Jan, she can be so weird. And what do you think about the new chick? Anyway, I love that show!!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed