Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back to Work

Yep, the time has come and I am a working momma again. Man, that brings so many thoughts, emotions, worries, joys, and craziness to my mind. I just have to say that this has been a really unique summer for us. Carley is growing and changing all the time. She is so smart, so sweet, and so funny. She is the light of our lives and we are thankful for her blessing.

My mom had her today and then Cody will be with her tomorrow and Friday. Monday she goes back to Granny's and she is so excited. She has missed her friends. I know that the excitement will wear off in a day or two and she will miss me. We have been best buds over the summer and totally joined at the hip. I will miss her terribly.

The pros and cons of working are really no list at all. The con side is being away from your kid, and that out weighs a list of pros a mile long. It is a choice that can drive you crazy and make you worry about small and big things all day long. I can't say enough how significant this one item on the con side of my list is. However, in order to cheer myself up, I am going to make a list of some of the pros:

1. Sonic drinks for one
2. Uninterrupted conversations
3. listening to Kidd in the mornings
4. Being awake and alert when Carley wakes up instead of grumpy and out of it
5. schedule
6. money
7. the look on her face when I pick her up and knowing she misses me
8. not getting tired or annoyed
9. excuses to shower
10. driving in the car in silence (a.k.a alone time)

I can't believe the 2008-2009 school year has started. Happy School year everyone and don't forget to sharpen your pencils.

14 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Happy School Year! I hope you have a great year.

It was a sad day when Isaac realized what was going on when I would pull the car up at Sonic and order a large diet coke. I, too, get giddy when I can make a sonic run all by myself without taking orders from the backseat.

Tiffany said...

Love it!

I'm adding #11. Four months of PAID vacation! Woohoo! How much longer till Thanksgiving?

cmjj said...

I can't believe it's time for school again. Jordan doesn't go back until Sept 4, so we still have a few more weeks of being lazy by the pool. I will be praying for you during this school year, and praying for your family as well. Love always!!!!

Jennifer K said...

You are such a great mom! And an amazing administrator! Carley and all of your other kids are lucky to have you. You are doing a great job! Love you!

JD said...

Hey I found your blog through a friend...I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! and everything else that surrounds it. Feel free to contact me through my blog and I will email you (or whatever)...I would love to talk about it! It was amazing!

Nicole said...

I love that you are looking at the positives and not the negatives. I hope you have a great year!! You are a great momma!

Anonymous said...

You are a great mommy! Happy '08-'09!

Alyssa said...

Carley is the luckiest girl ever to have the wonderful life that you and Cody have created for her. She is doing great... and I know that this next year will be an awesome one for her! Love you!

Caroline said...

Being a working mother is so hard. I know it is something I question every single day. But, I know you are a great mom and Carley is a great kid! Thanks for reminding me to look at the poitives.

Jennifer said...

You are such a great mommy!!! Happy school year, but I prefer to use a mechanical pencil ;)

Amy said...

#12 Amy bringing a Sonic coke to my office in the middle of the workday. Wait a minute...darn it! Well, it was fun last year. :( I'll miss that!

Shanta said...

#13 encouraging other working moms. Go Ashley!

Jodi said...

Hang in there! Happy school year... the good, the bad, and the ugly! :) I sure miss it a lot...

Mauri said...

I know it's bitter sweet, but I'm glad you are focusing on the positives! Carley is clearly thriving in the decisions you have made for your family! Happy School Year!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed