Friday, August 29, 2008

We had a crappy week this week. Some weeks are full of roller coasters and that sums up our week. One of my dear friends sent me a card that had this on the inside and I thought it was really amazing. Hope your Labor Day weekend is restful and blessed and that this little poem speaks to you as well.


Don’t wish upon a shining star
Or put your trust in another,
But daily place the cares of your heart
In the hands of your Heavenly Father.

For He has heard your prayers
And He knows your heart,
And His answer’s a whisper away.
So don’t give up, don’t doubt His love,
But hold on in faith one more day.

And while you wait, keep your eyes on Jesus
Let your hope be in Him alone.
Let His Word give light to encourage your soul
And His Spirit give your heart a home.

16 comments:

Jennifer K said...

We love you.

cmjj said...

That is beautiful and very uplifting. I am sorry you had a bad week. I love you dearly!!!

Shanta said...

girl, call me!

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the bad week, I love and miss you!!!

Caroline said...

I hope next week is much better. I love you.

Sara said...

That is so crazy! We are related! Yes, very small world....:)

Kristin said...

Praying for you!!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Beautiful words in the card! Love you!!

Maddie said...

Sorry about your bad week. Hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend! Love you!

Unknown said...

I am sorry you had a crappy week! Hope this next week is better. Love you!

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry you had a bad week. I hope so much that this one is better. I thought of you several times this weekend because my satellite radio was playing lots of John Denver and "From Justin to Kelly" was on TV today. Love you and miss you!

Dana said...

Much love to you guys!!! On a random note, I just finished Twilight. I am totally hooked. I have to get my hands on the others, FAST~

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ashley, thanks for sharing that sweet card with us. Those words are perfect for so many situations...and I truly hope your days are better this week. I'm so sorry for the ups and downs you are having to go through. We love you, friend!

Leah J. said...

Praying for you! What encouraging and uplifting words!

summer said...

Wishing we could have one of our Taco Villa dates right about now...and hoping that you know how special and loved you are.

Jennifer K said...

Nice new look!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed