Friday, December 12, 2008

Holidays 2008 so far...

I never blogged about Thanksgiving so I thought I would do that and then also post pictures of our holidays so far. This has been a really emotional holiday season for us. Carley is growing up before our eyes. She will be three this month and it just does not seem possible. In so many ways she is a big girl. She is really into the magic of the holidays.
On the other note, we are approaching the due date of the baby we lost in May. I never dreamed that I would not only not be pregnant by the baby's due date, but to have had another miscarriage earlier this fall just really makes this a hard holiday season. When I look at the pictures over the past month, it is amazing to see how blessed we are with Carley and what a miracle she is.

We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving here in Lubbock with my parents.
Carley making biscuits with my dad and getting tickled by him.
Reading with her best buddy Nana.
Cody napping. :)
Carley "helping" with the Christmas decorations.
One of her many Christmas shirts
Some family time at the Science Spectrum Christmas Party. It was so fun. Carley got to make snow, decorate gingerbread, talk to Santa, and look at a bunch of animals. We had a great time.
Wednesday we went to Santaland to see Santa. Carley will never sit on his lap or talk to him and gets really scared, but this night she did so good! She just hopped up in his lap and asked for a Princess Bike and then told him Merry Christmas. We were so proud of her. She was so cute. She talked to Mrs. Clause too. The funny part was she asked Santa for a "pink princess bike". It is my understanding that Santa might already have a purple one so Santa and I are a little worried about this small detail. Hopefully she won't remember this at all (even though she keeps talking about the color)


15 comments:

angie c said...

Cute pictures! I bought Nora that same polka dot sweater today. Love me some Target. :)

Jennifer K said...

What fun memories! Carley is a miracle and we are praying for miracle 2 to come very soon. We love you all!

Paul O'Rear said...

Carley is precious! You are in my prayers as you struggle with the mixed emotions of joy and sadness this holiday season. Hold on to each other. Love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Looks like lots of fun. You guys are in my prayers!

Marcia said...

I had been wondering how things were going for you and will continue to pray for the good news you're wanting to hear. I know the waiting is so hard.
It looks like yall are already having a great Christmas. Carley is just getting cuter and cuter!

cmjj said...

Friend, I hope you know I am always praying for your precious family. We love your Christmas card! It is so beautiful :) I am glad ya'll had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your parent's house seems like it hasn't changed at all!! I love that place! I will never forget our times playing pool in the basement :) Love you dearly!!!!!!

Robyn said...

I'm saying a prayer for you right this minute! The baby we lost would be a year old this month, so I understand some of that sadness you feel right now. I love that you find joy and blessing in Carley every day. God is always faithful. Love you!

Melody Forest McKee said...

Girl, I feel ya. I'm praying really hard for you!
Carkey is getting SO grown up!

Cox Family said...

Carley is getting so big! She is precious though! I am sorry for your loss Ashley. I will be praying for you guys!

Nicole said...

Thinking of you friend.

Shannon Dial said...

love you so much - let me babysit that cute kid soon - shan

Amy said...

Love you, friend!

Rhesa Higgins said...

Dear sweet, long lost friend...

Your entry is near to my heart. At the beginning of every December, I mark the birthday that will never be of our would be first born. The day has lost some it's sting but the loss is forever present. I dream of her, and the life she might of had. I also dream of her in the arms of Jesus, surrounded by her grandfathers who are already in heaven.

I pray that your arms will be full again and that your heart will treasure every moment you have with your beautiful Carley.

Caroline said...

Great pictures. Carley is so cute! You are in my prayers!

Hill Country Happenings said...

great pics - Carly is so precious!

I have always said that my miscarriage changed me in ways I could have never known possible. It taught me that I wasn't in control of anything. I was the queen of the 10 year plan (school, marriage, grad school, babies, career etc) and God taught me that he was in control. I was a basket case during pregnancy with Ash but boy if loving her doesn't teach me how wonderful God is and how blessed I am to have a healthy vibrant child. I know you totally understand that too!

I have been in your shoes Ashley and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone but you will get through it and grow from it with a wonderful full family! Know I am praying for you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed