Saturday, March 21, 2009

SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!! Part One

I love, love, love Spring Break! :) We had a wonderful week off. Alyssa's family came for the first weekend. It was SO fun to have them here. The girls are hilarious together and I can't get enough of my sister so it was lots of fun. Monday, Cody and I left for Nashville to celebrate our 5th anniversary while Carley spent some time at my parent's house. Carley had a WONDERFUL time. Nana's house is her favorite spot in the world. She is spoiled rotten and gets to do whatever she wants. She was in heaven!

Nashville was amazing. Neither of us had ever been and it was a PERFECT vacation get away spot for us. The only regret was that due to the fact our tickets were free from a certain airline, we couldn't stay as long as we wanted and we had to travel a million hours both ways. It was a little frustrating, but free is a beautiful thing. Because of the shortened time, we didn't get to see some families I really wanted to see in the Nashville area. We sure did live it up while we were there though. We stayed at the Opryland Hotel which was BEAUTIFUL and completely relaxing. It was a wonderful place to stay. Also, our rental car was a mustang convertible which was SO fun to drive around in. We kept the top down and just cruised around. I felt at least 5 years younger while we were there. We had a fast and furious 24 hours. We did the Parthenon, Centennial Park, Vanderbilt, Country Music Hall of Fame, Ryman Auditorium, Grand Ole Opry, OpryMills Mall, Aquarium restaraunt, and the Hermitage.


I must say that the Country Music Hall of Fame was really cool. Much cooler and neater than I ever expected. It was great. And the tour of the Grand Ole Opry was awesome. We got to go back stage, see dressing rooms, sing on the stage, and a bunch of other neat things.

Most of all I just loved being with Cody. He is just the greatest.

We have an exciting part two of Spring Break where we took another trip, but that is a blog for a different day.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun, I love the Opryland Hotel - it should have it's own zip code. Glad you got to spend some time relaxing on your break.

cmjj said...

That sounds like alot of fun! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Felicia said...

Just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy! I am 15 weeks along so our due dates will be pretty close together! I'm glad ya'll had a great time in Nashville!

Amy said...

I'm jealous! So, what did you sing on stage??...and did Cody record it? I'm really like to see it. :)

Alyssa said...

So glad that you had such a fun trip! Love you!

Luft Family said...

Looks like ya'll had a great trip! So glad you did. We need to "hang out" again. :) Have a good week!

PrEsToNs said...

happy 5 yr, good to talk w/ya the other day....

Jodi said...

So fun! I would have never thought to go there for a vacation, but now I want to! :)

Shanta said...

I can't believe you did all that in ONE day! You're my hero.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed