Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Newest Splurge

For those of you who know me well, you know I am pretty cautious about spending. I really don't shop much and I don't spend money on big items when I do. Well, I have a confession, I am a true fan of one big brand name store....Williams Sonoma! Oh wow, has it changed me. People, if you do not get kitchen stuff there, go online and start shopping today. Now granted, many of you have probably been shopping there for years and years, but some of you don't and so I am going to tell you about my favorite purchases and why I love them.


1. Counter Top Spray - They have the best smelling kitchen cleaners. I love their counter top sprays. They make your kitchen smell so clean at the end of the day and do a great job cleaning as well. My current favorite flavor is Olive Oil. I know that sounds random, but it is surprisingly awesome. Cody was the one who picked it out. If you live near a store, you need to swing by and sniff. The counter top spray is only $9.00. My favorite flavor of the year is always the Peppermint spray in the Winter.


2. Goldtouch Muffin Tin - ALL of their Goldtouch nonstick pans are awesome. You will not believe how evenly they cook and how nothing sticks to them. I have found this to be very true with all of the, but especially helpful with the muffin tin. I made my simple Walmart brand packet of blueberry muffin mix muffins the other Saturday and it was crazy at how good they were compared to the other pan. Everything just cooks better. I am also a huge fan of their cookie sheets.



3. Melamine Mixing Bowls - These bowls are the coolest. The have a cool contour design that makes it really easy to mix and pour. Nothing sticks to the side of them. They are heavy so they don't tip or scoot around easily on the counter. I also have the matching measuring cups which are the same way. They also have a rubber ring around the bottom that holds them in place. There is a set of 4. My set has a red, an orange, a yellow, and a green which Carley loves. Also they are dishwasher safe.




4. Flexible Grill Basket - There are lots of different kinds of these, this is just the one I have. I saw they on Oprah's favorites and I had to try. It is so cool because you can cook fish, veggies, bread, anything on the grill and it doesn't stick and it is easy to flip. You don't lose the little pieces and your food doesn't tear because it was on the actual grill top. Also, your veggies aren't mushy because they aren't cooked in foil.


So tell me some of your favorites. I love to hear of everyone's newest splurge. Where do you think the bang is worth the buck?

8 comments:

cmjj said...

We have a Williams and Sonoma right down the street from us...I may have to go check out that spray today...I am needing to get out today for a while!!!!! Love you, friend. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family. I just rejoice over you constantly!

melissa deaver said...

I've been eyeballing a lot of their stuff. I especially want to try their Ebelskiver Filled-Pancake Pan because of the Cinnamon-Bun Filled Pancake recipe on their website.

Kelli said...

I love Williams-Sonoma, but I love Sur La Table even more. I don't know why. Williams-Sonoma has great bread mixes, and I especially lust after those melanine bowls, but I've never been able to make myself splurge. Perhaps I will now. As for kitchen necessities, I am a firm believer that one must have a good knife. I LOVE my Wusthoff Santoku and Chef's knives. They have been worth every penny.

Amy said...

Hey, I'm a little hurt that you're not sharing such important personality developments with me and I have to hear about them on your blog. Such sorrow. I don't have anything fancy or expensive but I do love my immersion blender. Also, Andy's mom hooked me up with a bunch Wilton cake decorating stuff complete with a tackle-box like case. I love it!! Lastly, she also gave Andy a Alton Brown salt cellar which I keep filled with kosher salt on my stove. It's also very handy. Basically everything cool in my house comes from Andy's mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Jodi said...

What is with the random other language guy???!!!

My wallet has had to stay clear from W&S, but now I too am lusting, especially over the bowls. And the muffin tins. Who am I kidding? All of it.

As for splurges worth every penny, my Pampered Chef chopper and kitchen shears!!! I use both of them daily.... love it.

The Speck family said...

These are all fabulous recommendations...especially that counter top spray! I had no idea that existed and can't wait to go get some. Has it sunk in that you are having a BOY?!?!? So fun!

*Kendra* said...

I'm glad there isn't a W&S near me. I'd have to go get the muffin pan. We love muffins in this house!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed