Sunday, May 03, 2009

Update

I ordered my bedding for Baby Corey last night. I am so excited. I hope it is super cute! It was a tough call. I looked at lots of fireman bedding, but ultimately Cody made the final decision. I really like it and can't wait for it to arrive so we can be sure we love it and Cody can start painting whatever cute ideas he has for the nursery!

Also, some of you have emailed about the name Corey Wayne. I forget that lots of my blogging friends didn't know my maiden name (which is funny to me). My maiden name is Core but it is pronounced with a long e. So either way, baby Nelson two was going to be pronounced like my maiden name. If it was a girl, she would have been Corie, but since he is a boy, he is Corey! Cody's middle name is Wayne. There you have it. Cody did not want to add the y at the end, but he didn't get his name mispronounced the first day of school for his entire life, so I trumped him on that.

It is exciting to be over half way through with this pregnancy. I go to Dr. Owen again tomorrow and I am hoping she will let me go ahead and schedule my C-Section so we can plan a little more for maternity leave.
Update: My C-Section was scheduled today for 09/09/09! I am so excited. My Dr. said she is not sure I will make it that long just because of the Antiphospholipid syndrome. But, I am hopeful and I am booked in the OR! Yeah for 09/09/09!!!

As for parenting - man, it is getting more and more interesting each day. I constantly struggle with being patient, modeling good choices, picking my battles, not making threats I won't back, and being consistent. It is so tricky. I can just feel myself getting frustrated with Carley so quickly sometimes. It is tough to know when you are being too easy on your kid and too hard on your kid. Some of the expectations I have for Carley seem too high sometimes and other times, I am covering for her and letting things slide because she is so cute. Goodness. Anyone with me out there?

Quick Carley story: We have been collecting money for mission Sunday for several weeks. She has earned lots of money and has been so proud of herself. She knows the money goes to telling other kids about Jesus and that makes her very happy. Today was mission Sunday and she marched up to the front of the auditorium with all the big kids to put her money on the stage. I was so proud of her. She looked so precious. It made me want to cry. Then she came back to sit with me and started crying because she wanted to keep her money jar. She knew she was giving the money to the kids, but wanted to keep the jar. She started SCREAMING in church, "I want my jar back. I want my jar back!" BAWLING, YELLING, SCREAMING!!! I took her out and she was hysterical. I guess I need to tell her that we are giving the money AND the jar to teach the kids about Jesus, and not just the money.

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Y'all did a great job picking out the bedding. I love it!

Amy said...

Oh man, I'm cracking up at the money jar story. I wish I would have been there! No really, every Sunday I wish I was there. But anyway...I can't believe you're halfway through. That's plain crazy and awesome!

Jennifer K said...

Nothing gets past Carley. Love that girl. And love the bedding choice! :)

Shannon Dial said...

love the bedding, and carley's hilarious stories....Let me babysit soon, you have no idea how free my summer is....

Allison said...

I love that Corey will have a fire truck nursery. That is precious!

I also love that his name is Corey! Can't wait to see him!!!!!

Marcia said...

I love the bedding!
I knew your maiden name and it still took me a few days for it to click in my head where you got the name Cory from. Nothing gets past me!

Jennifer said...

Very CUTE bedding. I will have to email you something my sister did with my nephews room. Also, I was very easy irrated by things Kennedy did while I was pregnant with Paxton. You should be so proud of the job you are doing, she is a doll!

cmjj said...

LOVE the bedding...it is adorable! And I am right with you on the parenting thing...this week especially I just want to drop kick mine to the moon!!!! I love your Carley stories...I know you don't think they are funny when they are happening, but they are sooo funny to read :)

Caroline said...

I love the bedding. It is darling. Also, Parenting is hard. I have the same struggles. I love the Carley story. That is classic!!

annalee said...

cute bedding and cute name! i just love that y'all are using it. perfect!

Amy said...

cute cute bedding!! i am so excited for you guys!

Luft Family said...

The fireman theme is too cute and I already love Corey! I can't believe you are already over half way...times flies! Carley is a funny girl :)

Jodi said...

Ok...
1. I looooove his bedding!
2. You already know I LOVE his name!
3. I love his birthday!!!!!!
4. I love that you have the same parenting issues I have... makes me feel better. (hang in there... preggo is hard with a preschooler...)
5. I LOVE the jar story, although I was a little sad for her!

Mauri said...

YAY for 9/9/09... what a cool birhtday! And I'm embarrassed to say I never connected the dots between Core and Corey. I'm a dork! But I love it!

Alyssa said...

Good call on adding the Y :) You know I love the bedding and that cute little guy that will be sleeping on it in just a few months!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed