Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Sweet Tooth

So, yes, I have a huge sweet tooth. Pregnancy does not help this at all. Here are my three favorite sugar highs of the summer.


1. The 100 calorie Nutty Bar. - People, this is Delicious. Great snack. Great calorie count. Great taste. It is definitely a 100 calorie treat worth trying. Also, it is yummy because it has the sweet/salty combo with the chocolate and the PB.


2. Groom's Cake Blue Bell Ice Cream - not a 100 calorie treat! Say "I Do" to this delicious indulgence. ( I am so proud of that sentence) It is SO stinking good. Chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate, & covered strawberries make up this deliciousness. It is a new Blue Bell flavor and it is really, really, really good.



3. Bagel-fuls - This is a great breakfast treat and snack. It is filling and tastes very fresh. Also, some microwave treats get tough when you heat them, but this one doesn't. Personally I recommend the cherry.




4. Fruit smoothie - Once or twice a week, I try to make a small fresh fruit smoothie. It only takes a second and is really good for you. There is no added sugar or anything like that, but it can have high calories and sugar just because it is fruit. But, I am trying to make sure I get in all sorts of fruits each week and vitamins. All you do is but ice and fruit in the blender. I usually add a little water or low cal fruit juice just to make the blender work better. (Personally the Walmart brand lo-cal white grape juice with peach is great) I always add a small handful of blueberries and usually 3 strawberries. Sometimes I put in a couple of apple slices, peach slices, grapes, or watermelon in. You can also use frozen fruit and there is no need to thaw it. It is a great breakfast treat, very filling, and gets you your servings of fruit.

So, who else has sweet tooths and what do you do to meet it? Thoughts on my choices?

6 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I have to try the bluebell! Oh my! Sounds wonderful. I love all sweets, unfortunately I do not know the word moderation when it comes to them!

Amy said...

We don't have Blue Bell here. :( Can you pack some in dry ice and send it my way? While you're at it, I'd also like a chicken fajita platter from Rosa's and a diet strawberry limeade from Sonic. Thanks in advance, friend!
These days I'm addicted to any ice cream involving peanut butter. We've also been indulging in slurpies lately.

Shanta said...

I'm on a waffle kick. All day, all night.

Alisa Palmer said...

best chocolate bar ever = World Market Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt. If you like the sweet/salty combo, this will send you to the moon.

New discovery - Target brand push-pops in cotton candy flavor. I think the brand is Archer Farms and yeah - cotton candy flavored push pops - you feel like a kid again and it tastes just like cake icing. SOOOO good

MereMoore said...

i haven't checked in on you in forever-hope you are ok...I AM ADDICTED TO GROOM'S CAKE - OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! wish we could sit down and eat some together and catch up! love you and that sweet little boy!!! (and carley too)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

LOVE nutty bars! And the big oatmeal cream pie cookies by little debbie, too. I like Rocky Road blue bell...think I'll go have some now. :-)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed