Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sweet Baby Corey


I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. C-Section scheduled 3 months from today. Wow. I go to the doctor every 2 weeks and then ultrasounds every 4 weeks it looks like. Corey is great and healthy. We had another ultrasound today and I cannot tell you how blessed I feel. One of the big concerns with the Antiphospholipid Syndrome and the blood thinner shots is low birth weight for the baby. We are so thankful Corey continues to measure ahead. This time 2 weeks ahead! He is over 2 lbs and moving great. I truly believe God's hand knits him together inside me each day and takes care of him.

This pregnancy really is going well. The shots cause lots of bruising on my tummy, but other than that seem to have no side effects. I am still sick to my stomach some, but that is just part of it. I feel him move each day which his a huge reassurance.

In the ultrasound today it was great to see that he is still a boy and still growing. Also, he looks a lot like Carley (and Cody) to me. You can see that he has their round nose already. Also, both Carley and Cody sleep with their hands above their head. Carley has done this since day 1. (see picture below) Corey had his hands above his head sleeping too. You can see one arm and hand under his head in the picture. Genetics are amazing.

12 comments:

Jodi said...

How old is Carley in that picture, because she looks EXACTLY the same, just smaller. Crazy cute.

SO COOL that his arms were up too. And of course EVEN BETTER the great report that you all got. I am SO THANKFUL for all of it! I can't wait to hear more and more good news! Yay!

Hang in there Momma... summer has started. Ugh. :)

Lasiter Family said...

I am so glad things are going well. What a blessing he is.

Alyssa said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet little baby! so precious!!!! love you!

The Speck family said...

What awesome news that Corey is growing so well....I can't wait to see pics once he is here :). I have a feeling you are going to have some hilarious Carley big sister stories! Hugs to you all.

Cortni said...

He is precious! Love sonograms...and getting a glimpse into the sweet life that is growing in there! So thankful that all is going well for you and baby Corey!!

Luft Family said...

Corey is adorable! And, we are so excited for you guys! Our boys are going to be pals.

Caroline said...

I'm so happy all is going well. I can't wait to meet Corey!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm so glad he is growing and thriving! Can't wait to see what that sweet face "really" looks like in just a few short months. Hope you have a wonderful summer preparing for his arrival and playing with Carley. :)

cmjj said...

How wonderful!!! Praise God for His faithfulness and His MIRACLES!!!! Love you dearly :)

Shanta said...

That is hilarious. It's like everyone's saying, "Hey!" or "Touchdown!" Either way, very adorable. I wish you the best Ashley!

Jennifer K said...

Yeah for the great news! He will be here before we know it!

Mark said...

Whoa! Didn't even know you were pregnant again! Congrats! I've been out of the loop! Woo hoo.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed