Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bed Rest, Finishing Up, and September

Well, I am on bed rest. Baby Corey is still doing great and I am doing pretty good. Dr. Owen is just trying to make sure he stays safe and snug until the 9th. It was hard to leave work today, I am not quite ready for a break, as far as I have some loose ends, but I want to do what is best for Corey and that is for me to hit the recliner, so there you go.

My friend Laura sells the PRECIOUS boards. They are too cute. She and Tara gave me one for Corey and one for Carley. How cute are they? You have to check out her ETSY store and see all the cute things she made. I especially loved the Scripture we picked for each one. My crafty friend, Marcy, also made super cute signs for Corey and Carley. Carley loves her dragonfly so much. She wants it hung so she can see it when she is laying on her bed and where it reflects in the mirror if she flips over. Seriously, are the buttons not SO cute on Corey's puppy.
And now, how can I post without posting about Carley. She thinks she is SO big. Because this is our last week of just having Carley, I want to document a little about just her.
- Carley is REALLY imaginative and is always having pretend conversations with herself and with inanimate objects. She loves puzzles. When she puts them together, she talks to each piece saying stuff like, "You missed your brother, I will put you with him. " "Don't worry, you will be the next piece I pick". - She loves to be a princess and dress up like a princess. Sometimes it is in princess clothes, other times it is just in a blanket around her.
- This pictures sums up a lot of things she loves....playing on the computer by herself, she loves her hair in a ponytail, and playhousedisney.com.

- She loves to write her name and write other words that I spell for her. She loves to text Cody on my phone. She also loves for me to open a word document on the computer and help her type in different colors.

- Also, Carley is obsessed with baptism. Every day she asks if she can be baptized and if she can have communion. She is so funny about it all. The other day she yelled at me because I was eating a marshmallow. "Marshmallows are for people who aren't baptized during church service and not for baptized people. They only get crackers. "

Thanks for hanging with the Nelsons through this journey. Please update your blogs so I have stuff to read on bedrest.

13 comments:

Luft Family said...

Enjoy these last few days! Good to see you today. You will be holding Corey very soon!

Carissa said...

Do you have marshmallows for the kids at church or was she just being imaginative?

Ashley said...

I just pack marshmallos as a snack in a baggie because they are quiet

Carissa said...

Too cute!

Kristen OQ said...

Alyssa kept me posted today after she talked with you...I had thought you might have a baby by the weekend, but although I know you are ready, probably good that your sweet guy is staying put another week.

Loved the marshmallows story. What a funny girl! Can't wait to hear what she thinks of being a big sis soon!

Phillips Family said...

I just love your Carley stories!

Communion is so fascinating to little kids, huh? I remember playing communion repeatedly as a kid with cookies.

laura jo said...

Yay! I just facebooked you about posting a pic on your blog when you got the boards...and here I am and you've beaten me to it! Thanks! Those other paintings are super cute, too. Just adorable!

Marcia said...

Hope these days go fast for you, but at the same time you can soak up lots of sweet time with Carley. I updated my blog tonight. It can entertain you for a minute or two.

Shanta said...

Enjoy bedrest friend! You should SOAK IT UP! Keep cookin away.. we can't wait to hear the good news!

Hill Country Happenings said...

Bedrest has it ups and downs. Enjoy the slow time because your life will speed up very soon! So happy that your pregnancy has gone so well!

The Speck family said...

Put those feet up and rest, rest, rest :)! Carley is such a hoot~ I've got to meet that girl one day. Can't wait to hear about your sweet boy's arrival!!!

Nicole said...

Carley's conversations with the puzzles is hilarious! Enjoy the bedrest...I'd love to be in a recliner watching Family Ties. :-)

cmjj said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Corey!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your rest...we are praying for all of you :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed