Saturday, September 05, 2009

Life in the Recliner

Bed rest is a funny thing. I have spent more time relaxing and quiet this week than any I can ever remember. :) The funny thing is I still set my alarm for 6:00 and get up and showered and dressed so that Carley thinks I am going to work. She then goes to school and I head to the recliner. I knew she wouldn't want to go if she knew I was home alone and I knew I wouldn't get any rest if I kept her here with me.

SO, I have found some great shows and websites to blog about. Maybe you will have time over Labor Day weekend to check a few out.
You HAVE to check out this site. My favorite are "The Nativity", "Boys II Men", "The Cabbage Patch Diary", and "The Pickpockets. You really need to see the Cabbage Patch one. It is probably 7 or 8 screens back. As you get to the bottom of any page, just go to "older entries" on the bottom left. Please tell me which is your favorite.

There are some really funny pictures on this too, The Cheetah lady might be my favorite.
Now what have I been watching:

-Series finale of Family Ties - SO good. I forgot that Elise sees Alex as a tooth in Andy' play. Really cute and really 80's.

- Season finale of 90210 where Brandon and Kelly don't get married. Valerie doesn't have AIDS. Noah and Donna are on the outs. Good TV. Classic drama

- Wall-E - pretty cute but kind of weird. Did you see this?

- Saved By the Bell The College Years - Shame on you Professor Laskey and Kelly....

- High School Musical 1, 2, and 3 - It is hard watch these on bed rest because I can't get up and dance. Other than that, it is still nice to know we are all in this together.

- Chances Are - early 90's movie with Cybil Shepherd, Robert Downy Jr, Ryan O'Neil. Alyssa and I used to love this movie. I rewatched it....it is a little weirder than I remember.

- Cosby Show reruns - Cliff gets the award for Physician of the Year, but Theo gives the speech. Touching.

Where are Wonder Years reruns? Dawson's Creek reruns?

Onto more important things, my coworkers had planned a diaper shower for me on Wednesday. Even though I was on bed rest, I was allowed to go up there for lunch if I stayed in my chair. They were so sweet and I got a lot of diapers, wipes, and goodies for Corey.

Also, several people have brought us meals while I have been resting, which has been SO nice and helpful. One friend, Ann, brought these cookies over for Carley with her meal. What a cute idea!
Only a few more days till Corey comes!

7 comments:

Spotted-Bird said...

I had no idea there were cookies involved in the food delivery. Ann is stronger than I am. I would have never made it to the house with out missing a letter. Can't wait till 9/9/9

Anonymous said...

I still remember when, your kiss was so brand new .. . . I love that show!!!

April

courtney said...

I haven't seen People of Walmart yet. Greatness!

annalee said...

i'm so glad family ties has been included in keeping you company. cannot beat it!

Kev and Ang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kev and Ang said...

Thinking of you. :)

I updated my blog with you in mind. Hope you're taking care of yourself and doing well!

angie c

summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed