Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall TV, the Baby Blues, and catching up

YAY for Fall TV. It has been great to be on maternity leave during good TV. :) Here is a recap of my thoughts:
  • I thought the Office was HILARIOUS!

  • Community was okay, but was a definite let down.

  • Jay Leno is funny. Sometimes it is a litle slow for me, but it will be nice to have a light hearted option for the 9:00 TV slot instead of all drama.

  • Seriously, the chicken farmer won America's Got Talent? I was disappointed.

  • Oprah pulled out all the stops this week. Entertaining television
  • The Biggest Loser is SO good. Some of their stories just break my heart.

I am ready for some of my favorites to come back:

  • Grey's is back Thursday and I am ready! Looks like a good season ahead!

  • Chuck -- When is it coming back?
  • Private Practice -- When is it coming back?

  • Bachelor/Bachelorette -- When is it coming back?

  • My other favorites all start back in the Spring (Lost, Friday Night Lights)
  • Seriously, when are the other shows coming back?

New ones:

  • Cougartown with Courtney Cox
  • American Idol - I am sure you were wondering why I put this under "new ones", but i have never watched a full season and I am going to try this fall so it is new to me.

What new shows are you watching?

Also - Texas Tech football - we aren't as good this year so I am not sure I will be as much of a fan as I was last year, but I really like Taylor Potts. A bunch of us from Blogworld (and facebook world) knew him growing up. His mom was the secretary for Leadership Camps at ACU so Taylor was around some and a camper. I still see his sweet mom when she comes in town sometimes at Broadway. They are a sweet family. When I knew Taylor he didn't have a beard and he wasn't tall. :)

And onto the baby blues - man, I have them much more this time then I remember with Carley. I cry often, like several times a day. I am just much more sentimental this time. Plus, being a mom of two is overwhelming. It just is. I know most of you handle this all with much more grace than I do. Corey is easy and Carley is doing great, but I am still overwhelmed....and super hormonal. I know that is a little too much honesty for blogger, but it is the truth. Did any of you have the blues worse after your second pregnancy or after any pregnancy? Any suggestions?

That is really all. Here are a few pictures of our little family. Corey continues to be a perfect addition to our family. We all adore him. Carley is a great big sister and a big help. She says sweet things (that make me cry) daily and I am so proud of her.


8 comments:

courtney said...

ashley, i have something i'm going to email you that will help you organize your fall TV viewing! :)

i'm sorry your having worse baby blues with corey! i felt the same way after my 2nd was born. i felt like there was no way i was ever going to juggle two kids....but, three years later it's working out for us. it will get better for you, too! it just takes time!

Phillips Family said...

Two things that I have found that help with the baby blues are:

1. Get outside early in the day. I don't know if it has already gotten too cool there yet, but try to get out with the kids in the morning for a walk or just to play. The early morning sunshine does wonders for the soul.

2. Make alone time for yourself everyday. Once you have more than one kid, it feels like someone is always pulling on you, talking to you, or laying on you. As soon as I could, I got my two on the same afternoon nap schedules. Take a trip to Target by yourself if you can snag a babysitter. Having at least 30 minutes alone also does wonders for the soul!

When E. was a baby, I used to load everyone up in the car, pass some snacks to Isaac, and just drive around. It got us out of the house, but I didn't have to worry about attempting to take two kids in anywhere.

Hope it gets better! You'll learn how to manage two kids soon enough. Just remember to talk about those baby blues and don't keep them inside.

Mauri said...

Hang in there friend! Even though you are feeling overwhelmed, I'm sure you are handling it better than you realize! I can't imagine the hormonal chaos your body is probably going through, but I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers as you adjust to life with two!

Amy said...

Hang on, friend, hang on! I'll be there soon. I'll even swing by Sonic and load up for the both of us!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Lovin' fall TV too! Biggest Loser and Office are some of my faves. I'm also looking forward to Modern Family on ABC...a new one this season.

My baby blues were much worse with Ryan! I think part of it is something with a boy (I was more hormonal pregnant with him too). I agree though that having 2 just makes it harder. Hang in there...it does get better and more manageable!

Corey is precious!! Love the pics of both of them.

Unknown said...

I agree with Lynley that just getting out of the house is huge. I, too, just drove around on more than one occasion. Also, it seems hard, but even just biting the bullet and getting out in public with both kids is huge. I realize you had a c-section, so it will be more difficult for you to do now, but when you can, just go for it even if it is running to grab one thing at Wal-Mart. Every outing gets easier and easier, and the busier you are, the faster you adjust (in my opinion). I know you are doing GREAT, but I was right there with you on feeling overwhelmed right after E was born. You are not alone, my friend!

As for TV, I am also watching Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. For whatever reason, I love those dancing shows! I missed almost the entire last season of Grey's due to the stupid hurricane, so I just bought the last season. I am excited to catch up and see what the new season holds!

Anonymous said...

You know you don't have to ask about baby blues with my 2nd, sometimes he still causes the blues :)!!! Do you not remember the tearful bible studies every week?!? It will get better :)!! Maybe it is a boy thing Allyson.

April

summer said...

I think it took a good 3 months for life with two to feel natural and manageable for me. And you have every right to feel sentimental about that sweet boy. While the blues (and hormones) aren't necessarily fun to deal with, I think you are wise to talk about it and find the support you need. I promise, it will get easier! Until then, laugh, cry and soak up these precious days with your 2 cute blessings.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed