Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things I don't want to forget

My mom was the middle of 5 children. When my grandmother got pregnant with her second child, my aunt Lynda, she bought this bassinet second hand. It is over 65 years old. My grandmother used it for her other 4 children. Then all of those kids used it on their children, my 7 cousins and me. My cousins who have had children, my sister, and myself have used it with all of our kids. My count (which could be off) is that Corey is the 20th person in my family to sleep in this bassinet. One thing that is very special about it is that my aunt Lynda was the "keeper of the bassinet". She passed away in April and I think of her when I lay little Corey down in it. I wanted to take a picture of this sweet bassinet and write it's story so that one day Corey and Carley will know how neat it was that they slept in the bassinet I slept in and that my mom slept in!Also, Cody painted these letters for Corey's room and I thought he did a great job. They were just the cheap $1.50 letters from Hobby Lobby and Cody made them priceless to me. Aren't the bricks cute?

Lastly, Alyssa's family came in this weekend. Lauren and Clint had not met Corey yet and Alyssa just wanted to see him again and her favorite sister. Lauren was so cute. She kept asking if she should introduce herself to Corey as Lauren or Lolo. (which is the nickname we all call her). Corey was a trooper. We literally spent the entire weekend indoors at my parents house just relaxing.

Big Cousin Lauren or Lolo
Sweet Uncle Clint making sure Corey learns the fundamentals of football
First picture of my parents with all 4 grandchildren

7 comments:

Luft Family said...

Love the bassinet story- that is neat! If I ever leave my house, we will have to see each other. :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post!

Spotted-Bird said...

That is so sweet. I love the bassinet tradition.

Is Cody for hire. He does great work decorating rooms. I have a few that need some attention. Is he interested?

Jennifer K said...

We have the same kind of bassinet story! Love the memories it has! Cody is so talented. He really should do that as a side job!

The Speck family said...

That is so amazing about the bassinet and the brick letters look awesome! I hope you are recovering well and getting some sleep~ your sweet kids are adorable.

Alyssa said...

It was such a fun weekend! One of the things that I am most proud of in my life is that I haven't broken or lost the family bassinet! love you!

Shanta said...

What an amazing story! That is very special. Your parents are so blessed with awesome g-kids.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed