Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Aunt Lynda, Siblings, Soulmates,


My aunt Lynda died today. She had fought a long , hard battle with ovarian cancer. Most people do not survive months when diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer, but Lynda did 5 years. She beat it several times. She was strong, faithful, and fearless through it all. She died today with her two daughters, husband, son-in-law, grandson, and two sisters at her side.

The picture above is when she came to see Carley when she was 2 months old. Lynda had already beat cancer twice by that time three years ago.

I know that Aunt Lynda is at the best place possible to celebrate Easter Sunday and the Resurrection. She will be there to see first hand that death really does have to happen to have a resurrection and rebirth.

My sweet mom has lost three of her 4 siblings. My uncle died in a car accident when we was a young 22 year old, newlywed the week before Easter as well. He was my mom's only brother and his service was on Easter Sunday 33 years ago. Now my aunt will me remembered on this same weekend. My mom and her sister, Anella, are the only ones left from their family of 7. Please pray for them.

My sister read an article not too long ago that talked about how your siblings are your life partners and soul mates. They are with you truly for longer than anyone else. Most of us will know our spouse from the time we are in our twenties on. Our children we will know from an even later time. Our parents are there from the beginning, but sadly, are not always there when we are in old age, but our siblings are often there for it all.

Today is my sister's birthday. It is a sad day because of my aunt's passing, but also a really sentimental day to be thankful for siblings and soulmates. It is a blessing to have people to go through life with, to know you for the journey. I am thankful each day that Alyssa is mine!

Please keep my family, specifically my mom, my uncle, and cousins, in your prayers.

16 comments:

annalee said...

so sorry for your family's loss, but rejoicing over the legacy she left!

Luft Family said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking about your guys this weekend. Your family is in our prayers!

Phillips Family said...

Terribly sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. Many prayers being lifted up for you mom, family, and extended family.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry, Ash. I know it's been a long road. My heart hurts for your precious mom. You will all be in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

We will be praying for your family this week! Love you!

Jennifer K said...

My heart hurts for you and your family right now. I know there is a lot going on and I pray that it all goes as smooth as possible. Take care of yourself, okay?! Love you.

Jodi said...

What a sweet sweet post. Your precious family is in my prayers, especially this week.

Alyssa said...

Thank you, Ashley...there is no one I would rather share my life with than you! love you!

Leah J. said...

What a sweet post! I am sorry for your Aunt's passing, but it sounds like she lived a wonderful, faithful life. Sisters are SO very precious!

The Hart's said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Your family will be in our prayers.
~Nikah

Caroline said...

I'm so very sorry. I'm just heartbroken for your family- especially your mom. I'll be praying for your sweet family. Love you all.

April Carrasco said...

Man! I am so sorry! I know your mom has been through so much. I pray peach upon your family!

melissa deaver said...

Sounds like a fantastic woman. I'm so sorry for the loss to your family.

April Carrasco said...

Sorry, I meant peace, not peach :)!!

MereMoore said...

I truly am speechless by this post! I am sad your family has lost such a special person. Reading about siblings really touched me and made me what to go hug my sisters and also made me so thankful that K & G have each other and that your sweet carlie is going to have a sibling!! love you ashley!!!

Shanta said...

We are thinking of you guys.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed