Monday, October 17, 2005

my cup runneth over

We had a great weekend. Here is the fast rundown.

  • Friday night Cody and I met some friends at Joe Allens. These are some of my favorite people in the whole world. Mark and Clay were mere freshman in high school when they were my campers at ACU leadership camps. We developed a special mentoring relationship that turned into a wonderful friendship. When they were in college they would come spend one weekend of the semester at my house. We had a blast. Now Mark and his lovely wife Tara and Clay and his lovely fiance' Jessica are a treat to be around and true friends. It was great for those big wigs from Ernst and Young to eat with their old friend and her husband.
  • Saturday began with Siggie breakfast and a ride with my backrow pal Leslie Mayo. She is so awesome and it was great to see her as well as see some of my favorite people I hadn't seen in 5 whole years! We went to the parade and chapel where I sat next to Shanta Murray and could not get enough of her and Ken. We miss them so much. Next was lunch with the Tate twins. Cody and I went on an afternoon Abilene date and then headed over to the Mayos. It was so great. Then we went to the reunion dinner where I was really blessed to see some of my friends I hadn't seen in so long. I loved it.
  • Sunday we were back in Lubbock. It was good to see our friends at class. Dean preached an AMAZING sermon that really touched my heart and led Cody and I to have some great discussion. We ate with the Walls, who are so fun and so sweet and such inspirational people to talk to and then Amy and I went to a baby shower. It was a really great day.

This weekend I was reminded how blessed I am. God really surprises us with the paths He leads us on. I wouldn't trade any of it. The time in my life today, married to Cody and pregnant with Carley and surrounded by our friends and family is the happiest time in my life. Returning to college and remembering how God worked on me and provided me with friends who bring me such joy just reaffirmed that.

My cup runneth over.....

5 comments:

leslie said...

We loved seeing ya'll! Next time we come to Lubbock we will go on a double date.
You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Girrrrrl . . . I loved seeing you this weekend! I am so happy for you & Cody and can't wait to see Carley! I love reading your blog. It's funny, sweet, touching, crazy, and thought-provoking all at once. My email address is kacybaker@marykay.com. Love YOU!

Shanta said...

ok- my eyes runneth over! Ashley-don't make me verclempt at work ok....sweet post. We were blessed too.

leslie said...

Shanta - "VERCLEMPT?" Is that a word you learned at your big girl job?
Good grief.... I have no idea what that means.

Amy said...

Ashley--AMEN! Oh Leslie, someone isn't in touch with the Mike Meyers days of SNL! It's yiddish!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed