Sunday, January 29, 2006

One Month

Yesterday, Carley turned one month old. I can't believe how fast it goes. It is amazing how much my life has changed in a month. I feel so blessed. At church today, someone asked us how it was going and we told them good. He said, "Parenting babies is true blissful joy and exhaustion in equal parts". I can't agree more!

One thing that I have been thinking about lately is adoption. (not giving Carley away or adopting another) I have always thought that women who give their babies up must be really special and very selfless. Now I feel a huge admiration, respect, and even sense of awe for them even more than before. Pregnancy is...Interesting. It is really hard at times and it does things to your body that change you forever. Delivering a baby is an insane experience (even by C-section) and really the only way I enjoyed those 2 processes was thinking about my sweet baby girl that I was doing this whole thing for and whom I loved already. Women who give their baby up do not get the sweet cooes and kisses afterwards. They don't get to snuggle, cuddle, and rock. They don't get to play dress up or watch them sleep. It is completely selfless. I really do admire ladies who willingly recognize the need for their child to have a better start. What a gift of love!

I will be posting more pictures of Carley soon. Her hair is more wild than before, her cry is louder, and she gets sweeter and more precious every day! Who knew parenting would be like this? :)

7 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I can't believe that Carley is a month old! Please post pictures!!

Amy said...

I would adopt Carley if that were an option--she's so stinkin' CUTE!! Speaking of adoption--what about tonight's Grey's Anatomy?! Oh my goodness!

Sue said...

I know, last night's episode was so good. Next week will be even better! What a great show.

Anonymous said...

That went by really fast (for me anyway ... i've been getting enough sleep!) Give little Carley kisses from me on her fun and crazy hair! (i love it!)

April Carrasco said...

I am so glad you got a good night's rest and you will find more and more joy the more and more sleep you get :).

Kristen OQ said...

Already one month!!?!? I feel like I just read on your blog and heard from Alyssa that she was born!

And Grey's was soooo good last night! I am totally loving Izzy even more now. It really is possibly my fav show on television right now.

Unknown said...

I agree with you that adoption is such an honorable thing to do, and I would imagine, it would be insanely difficult to give up a baby you carried for 9 months. I personally hated pregnancy, but like you, I felt it was worth it because we ended up with Jackson.

I can't wait to see Carley's pictures! I bet she is so big!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed