Thursday, April 06, 2006

The hardest Happiest day

Today is a very exciting and blessed day. I am about to become an aunt again. Alyssa's C-section is scheduled for 1:00. I am so excited and happy for them. I love Camryn so much already. Lauren has been hilarious about it all. She will be one funny big sister. My parents and Clint's mom arrived in Dallas yesterday and they are all heading to the hospital here in a bit.

Selfishly, I am having such a VERY hard time not being there. I know it is not about me at all. I just am out of sub days after maternity leave and Carley would not do that great stuck in a hospital room for 3 days. There are so many people staying at Alyssa's that I would need to stay on the couch which means I would need to kick someone out of their room every time Carley needed to eat. It would be a mess. So, Cody, Carley, and I are going down in a couple of weeks for a wedding and to see my precious new niece then. Today I am throwing a pity party here in Lubbock wishing I was closer to them. But, today is not about my selfishness, but the blessing of little Camryn Grace!

For those of you who live in the area and are going to go visit them, give them lots of hugs for me and take pictures so I can see her. Knowing my technosavvy family, I won't see pictures of her for a week.

Also, say a prayer for Camryn's safe arrival. I will keep people updated here with stats and stuff as I know them!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I wish we were there too. It is always so much fun to see the new parent smiles that go on forever. However, just think in a few weeks when you go you will not have to share time with anyone. You will have all of your sister's family to yourself. No sharing time with anyone:) Alyssa know you are with her today in spirit and I am sure it means so much to her.

Also when you do go please take a lot of pictures because it may be the first time I get to see her too.

Kristen OQ said...

I will get pictures for you Ashley sometime this weekend! We are going up there sometimes on Saturday and will put a few on our photo website (just in case you haven't seen her yet by then!) I would be there sooner, but family is coming in for Seth's birthday tomorrow -- next year, maybe Seth and Camryn can have a double party!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed