Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summer is here (almost)

Well school is out and I only have to work a few extra days. So here I am at work not working and instead wishing it was still the weekend. We had a great weekend! Alyssa's family came to town. My nieces are so precious! They were awesome. Camryn is the best baby I have been around. She has such a sweet nature and is super laid back. She rarely fusses at all. She is so sweet and cuddly and I just LOVED holding her. Lauren is hilarious! She told us she wanted to be called "Loey" instead of Lolo as a nick name. She introduced to people at my own church like she owned the place. She was so loving and said such sweet things. It was so cute.

On Saturday Carley turned 5 months old. I cannot believe it. Here she is chilling in her bouncer. She loves to sit and hang out right now. She loves for us to read her books and to play with her bunny and lion. Her favorite toy is her feet. I can't believe how big she is getting. The downfall right now is she loves to roll over in the middle of the night and then gets stuck on her back or her side and doesn't want to flip back. So she calls us in there to put in her paci and flip her back over. Obviously, we have things to work on. Here is her new hairstyle ( a pony tail on the top of her head which is usually accompanied with a large bow)

Yesterday, Carley went swimming for the first time with Kristin, Danae, and me. We had such a good time. Carley LOVED the water. I figured she would be scared. She had one of those yellow rings where your legs hang down. She just chilled in it for 50 minutes! Then I took her out to reapply sunscreen (much to her dismay) and she fell asleep in my arms for 45 minutes. Then we got back in the water. Some of you know how much I love to swim and I love the pool. It is the greatest place on earth! I am so glad I have a baby who loves the water. ( right now at least) Here are her swimsuit shots. I am sure Sports Illustrated will be calling us soon. Who wouldn't want a centerfold with thighs like this?


Finally, here is our Mother's Day picture. It has been so long since I have taken the time to post pictures. Time goes by so fast. I am so glad summer is here (except for a few more days of work) so I can hang with my little buddy and her little thighs!


14 comments:

Unknown said...

You are hilarious- I seriously laugh out loud most times I read your entries.....she is sooooo adorable! I absolutely love her swimsuit and hat- I'd wear that outfit in a minute! That's so awesome that she loves the pool- especially in HOT Texas!

Kristen OQ said...

Baby bikinis are my absolute FAVORITE baby item around...something about a bikini worn with chubby thighs and a stick-out belly strikes me as funny!

Love the new hairstyle too -- except it makes her look so grown up!

Melody said...

Oh my goodness shes so cute!

Caroline said...

Carley is SO cute. I love her hair and swimsuit. Caroline loves to swim too. You will have to come over for a "swim" in our back yard- you know, in our big plastic pool! :)

Anonymous said...

Those pics are awesome! And I agree w/ Kelly, I laugh out loud when I read your entries. :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

What fun times with little Miss Carley! I am so glad that she loves the water---she definitely has some Core genes in her! And, her new ponytail up-do is TOO CUTE!!! She does look so much older!

And, I agree with Kristen that there is nothing cuter than a chubby girl in a swimsuit. Nothing's sweeter. It makes me wanna squeeze her!!

JG said...

I love the way you slipped in the subliminal message on her little yellow shirt...it's true, you know! She is adorable!

Alyssa said...

Carley is getting so big! I loved hanging out with her this weekend... she reminds me so much of you :) I love, love , love her thighs and her sweet smile. I wish that we could have gotten to see her swim- maybe next trip!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Her new hairstyle is great!! I, too, love the bikini! Sounds like the pool was great fun!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Great pics!!! She is just a doll! I'm glad she loves the pool as much as her mom ... Happy Swimming!

Amy said...

AWESOME!! Charlie wants to go swimming with Carley sometime. He's got some sweet swim gear too.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made Ashley's blog!

I had so much fun swimming with y'all...thanks for letting me come. I could watch Carley swim all day (or just let her float in the pool by herself...ha).

P.S. I love Carley's shirt in the first picture!

Phillips Family said...

Love the new hairstyle.
Love the onesie!
Love the swimsuit!
Love that sweet baby!

Unknown said...

I love the little bikini! I can't believe that Carley is 5 months old! It seems like just yesterday that I saw you pregnant at ACU's Homecoming! Pretty soon she is going to be everywhere!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed