Monday, November 27, 2006

Our Week

Last week was a good, but crazy week for us. My uncle on my mom's side had a heart attack on Monday. He had double bypass surgery on Wednesday and is still in ICU in Fort Worth. Cody's grandmother on his mom's side passed away on Tuesday and her funeral was on Friday in Jacksboro. This week reminded me how quickly things can change and how important family can be. My parents were so wonderful and flexible this week. They were such a great support for Cody as he dealt with a lot of emotions. They were really supportive of me and I tried to balance my little family with our other families. They are both so good with Carley and such great grandparents. Anyway, both Cody and I learned a lot about family this week. We had a lot of conversations about the family we want to build and the goals we have for Carley and for us as parents. It is so good to take time and reflect on things especially on a day set aside for thankfulness.

Here are some recent pictures.

Carley loved having breakfast with my friends Shannon and Marcia who were driving through Lubbock.

Carley and Charlie took bath together last week. They were hilarious! Amy and I will teach them about mixed bathing at some point, but right now they were too cute. We tried to get pictures in their ACU onesies, but never did get a good one. We will have to do individuals for the alumni magazine.
People ask me why I do not put Carley in hats very often. The reason is because when she has on a hat, I can't tell the difference between Carley and Cody. Here she is getting ready for church a couple of weeks ago. Or is it Cody? They both do love the recliner.
Carley loves Papa and Nana.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Carley makes me so happy. She's crazy like her mama!! I love your kid!

Anonymous said...

I will keep your uncle, family, and Cody's family in my prayers. That is a lot to happen in one week.

Carley and Charlie are so cute together! They will appreciate that picture 10 years from now! :)

Anonymous said...

Precious!! Your little girl is too cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the loss your family went thru this past week.

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet goodness! Great pictures! She's getting to be such a young lady! (except for the mixed bathing...)

I'm so sorry about your loss. Give Cody a hug from us.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed