Monday, May 28, 2007

Making our New Home

I am a firm believer that if you are not talented, surround yourself with talented people and then buy them Sonic drinks and it is almost like being talented yourself. Cody has done such a good job on our house. My mom has been a LIFESAVER with help at the house and keeping Carley. Carley loved her stint with Papa, Nana, and Daisy and so did I. Thanks so much for letting us live with you for a week! Every time we were all working, this is what Carley did. Apparently she thought she needed more attention. Luckily Nana and Papa were happy to give her whatever she wanted!
Here is a before shot of the kitchen before we bought the house.

Here is the best looking tile man around! They had carpet in the dining are and linoleum in the kitchen. You can see the texture brown paper stuff that my mom did in the kitchen over their fruit wallpaper.
This is what it looks like now.

Our new refrigerator
One of the things that I think about often since motherhood is my grandmothers. None of my grandparents were alive to meet Cody or see us get married or meet Carley. My grandmothers would have loved both Cody and Carley so much. In the kitchen now is my mom's mother's dining room set. It looks so good with the dark brown walls. I LOVE it! And in Granny's beautiful hutch is my dad's mom's china and pitcher. I miss Granny and Grammy so much. It is so neat to have a piece of them to see each day!

15 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Oh my gosh, I love it all! Love the tile, love the walls, and love the dining room furniture. Mostly, I LOVE that fridge. Can't wait to see it all!

Jacquie said...

I totally agree with the Sonic drinks, and have done that on many occasions!

Alyssa said...

Everything looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

You have done a lot since Saturday! Oh my goodness! It looks great! The furniture couldn't be more perfect! Your family is very talented....do you hire them out??? I can buy Sonic drinks too! :)

Unknown said...

Your new kitchen looks awesome and I love that new fridge- so fun!!! You are so fortunate to have such skillfully "handy" people in your life!

Marcia said...

Everythign looks great!!! Welcome back to the blogging world. :)

Amy said...

Woah! I can't believe how different it looks. Y'all are doing a great job. I love the dining room set too--very cool and retro! I'm jealous of your fridge. I'm gonna do the brown paper thing in a house someday--your mom is awesome!

April Carrasco said...

I love the fridge. Look forward to seeing the house the way it looks now :)!!

Caroline said...

It looks great! Congratulations on the new house!

Stephanie Torresi said...

The house looks great, but most of all, I loved the picture of Carley. So many people got onto me about moving when I was 8 months pregnant in the heat of the summer up four flights of very old stairs. But I say that moving when you're pregnant is a thousand times easier than when the little people are here! Good for you for having survived! And congratulations on a beautiful home!

Allison said...

WOW Ashely, yall have been busy busy busy!!! Show more pictures! The kitchen looks great! Love the new fridge too!

Prince Edward said...

It looks SOO good! I am thinking we may have the same dishes (if your dishes match the candlesticks and s&p shakers on your table). I knew we thought alike on things! What a talented family you have to help you make your new house all your own.

Unknown said...

Ashley, this is the funnest picture of Carley ever! They should put it on home improvement shows as the perfect example of what happens to Parents Who Start Projects. (And don't you LOVE the fridge?? I just got a new black one like that!!) Love, Jill Moudy Sr.

kunami10 said...

Sonic is the best...I might have to bribe you with Sonic next year when Ty is at TVMS! :-)
However, your house looks great - much better without the fruity paper!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Love the new dining room walls and fridge! Very impressive. Hope everything (beyond the phone company - too funny!) went smoothly. Carly is too funny. I love all these recent pics.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed