Monday, June 04, 2007

What is your weakness?

Cody and I went to the drive in this weekend to see Pirates of the Caribbean. It was good. I had heard mixed reviews. but we liked it. There is alot of bad weather in the movie. It was extra creepy because it was thundering and lightening outside at the drive in while we were watching. It really added to the special effects. For those of you who have seen it, I wonder what you thought of it. I want to see Knocked Up soon.

Anyway, Cody and I have a drive in night tradition. We always stop at Sonic on the way and get 99 cent Route 44 drinks and then we go to Walmart and buy candy. Now, our drive in has really great prices on food and drink so we used to always get our stuff there. Then I found the candy at Walmart for 1/4 of the price of the theaters and 1/2 the price of the drive in and couldn't resist saving a little money. Usually Cody gets chocolate covered peanuts and I get Whoppers. This last time we both got Milk Duds. DUDE, I forgot how good Milk Duds are to eat! Anyway, I know I should not blog about food, but I had to ask you, blogland, what do you eat at the movies?

12 comments:

Jacinda said...

It's hard to pass up the popcorn.

I rarely get them, but I always think of Junior Mints as good movie food.

kunami10 said...

Hey, we were at the drive in on Sunday night seeing Spiderman 3. We saw Pirates the week before that and Shrek the week before Pirates. We don't normally go three weeks in a row, but they just happened to have 3 movies on that we all wanted to see. Anyway, we always eat our dinner at the drive in so we normally get Subway and then drive to Sonic for the drinks. Then I usually pack popcorn and whatever snack stuff the kids might want (cookies if we have them, rice krispie treats, brownies, etc). However, we typically eat our dinner and are so full that we barely touch the other stuff. :-)

Marcia said...

It has been a long time since I've gotten candy at the theater, but when I want candy I usualy go for the sugary sweet stuff...skittles, starburst, hot tamales. I did see Waitress at the theater this weekend and REALLY wanted some pie during the movie.

Stephanie Torresi said...

What a fun evening!

I go through phases of what I eat at the movies. When I was in elementary school, Milk Duds and Nestle Crunch. In junior high and high school, it was all Hot Tamales and Skittles. I went back to my Milk Dud roots as an adult...they rock and are my favorite movie food.

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of Junior Mints or Reese Pieces at movies.....YUM! I love that you guys have a drive-in movie theatre to go to- that is so fun!

Wendy said...

Junior Mints or Twizzlers. Sometimes both!

Jennifer K said...

Milk Duds and popcorn...at the same time. The perfect salty/sweet mixture. You must try it!

April Carrasco said...

Ditto to Jennifer's comment. There is nothing better than that mixture!

Kristin said...

We of course always get popcorn and a coke, but I also LOVE gummy Jolly Ranchers. If you haven't tried them, you must!

Lisa Renee said...

Cannot watch a movie at the theatre without the combo of milkduds and popcorn along with a diet coke. I am totally addicted to diet coke, I think it has some secret ingredient that makes you long for it! I have yet to get to the drive in but hope to at some point!

*Kendra* said...

I think that Jennifer K. must be having a pregnancy craving---:)
I always have to get popcorn, even if we have just eaten!

Amy said...

A regular Coke and a Twix bar is my all time favorite candy-type snack.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed