Thursday, January 03, 2008

Carley's Elmo Party

Since Carley's bday and party were on 12/28 I had to wait until I had posted the Christmas pictures to post her party pictures. We had a great family party. It was so nice to do a small party instead of a huge one. I may never go back. Carley, of course, had an Elmo party with Sesame Street cupcakes. It was so wonderful. We are so blessed by our families. My parents were able come and so was Alyssa's family who hung around an extra day to celebrate with us. My sweet brother-in-law (and brother-in-love) Clint flew back in for the party. Also Cody's honorary family, the Spanns were here. I have blogged about them before and need to again, but they are just an amazing part of our family.

I read a neat idea in a magazine and was very thankful to copy it. Here is our birthday tree. It was a perfect way to decorate our Christmas decorations for Carley's birthday. We wrapped the tree in bright yellow streamers and also in Elmo bday streamers. We told Carley it was her special birthday tree and she loved it. We put bday presents around the tree and she thought is was so cool. Any of you with birthdays close to Christmas are welcome to steal this fun idea too if you want.



I loved her cupcakes. The character's faces came out so cute!

Here are our nieces Lauren and Camryn and our honorary niece (from Cody's bonus family) Faith sitting at the table Nana and Papa gave Carley for her birthday! Our honorary nephew Alex is precious and he sat in the high chair.



Our birthday girl had such a good time! Doesn't she look so old in this picture?

12 comments:

Marcia said...

She does looks very old and cute in that picture. I'll have to remember the birthday tree idea since Mallory and Carley have the same birthday!

Jennifer K said...

I can't believe she is two! Did you do the cupcakes? If so, can I put my order in for July? Hope you had fun tonight. :)

The Stanford Family said...

I love the birthday tree!!!

Nicole said...

Great idea with the Birthday tree! I've always felt bad for people who had to share their birthday with Christmas, but that is definitely a perk if you get your own tree! :-) Your party looks cute...an Elmo party may be in my future as well...

Jodi said...

I want to EAT HER UP!! So precious! (also want to eat up those cupcakes!) I just love her curls... LOVE them.

I love the birthday tree... wish we had done that at my parties growing up!

Tiffany said...

Hey Ashley, I read your blog all the time. I think I've only left a comment or two. I'm so glad you did the birthday tree. I too have a Dec. birthday and have made a HUGE deal all of my life about separating it from Christmas! My mom always covered the tree with birthday banners! It was great! This year they were out of town, so I did it myself (there's a picture on my blog) to carry on the tradition, yes, I'm 28 yrs old and still insist on a birthday tree! Make sure you don't combine her Birthday with Christmas! Just my two cents! You have a very cute family!

Caroline said...

Darling! Carley is just beautiful- and I am so jealous of her curly hair!

I love the her cupcakes and the birthday tree. You are such a good mommy!

Sorry I haven't been able to walk this week. Jeff is getting ready for trial and I've been a single mommy. We'll be around this weekend if you have some time.

JB said...

What an adorable birthday girl! Love, love her hair! Love the cupcakes, too! Did you mamke them?

Erica said...

What a creative Mom you are!! I love the Birthday Tree. Carley is getting so big and I love her hair. What a wonderful occassion to celebrate with your family. happy Birthday sweet girl!!

Ashley said...

thanks for your faith in me, but of course I ordered the cupcakes from a bakery. Decorating is not my gift! :)

Robby and Lynsey said...

What a fun party! Those cupcakes are adorable. I can't believe she is two!!

I was sad to miss you guys at church while I was home. I saw you from way across the auditorium but couldn't make it to you before you left. :( Hope you guys are doing well. Maybe next year.

Mauri said...

That is so precious that you make such an effort for Carle to have a special birhtday in the aftermath of Christmas! So sweet! she is just too cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed