Monday, January 28, 2008

The Grossest Dinner EVER


Oh my goodness, I just cooked the nastiest meal ever. It was a casserole recommended by someone I know and man, it was gross.

Here is the story, last night we had growth group. All the families take turns cooking for the group. Last night there were about 40 there. It was my turn to cook. Keep in mind, this is not a time to show off your culinary skills. Half of the eaters are kids so you want something everyone will eat. I cooked hot dogs. They were good, you know, you can't really mess up hot dogs. We ended up with about 20 left over. I was laughing that we were going to have hot dogs for a week. One of the ladies there said she had picked up a recipe at Market Street that used hot dogs and I should try it. The recipe was for "County Fair Hot Dog Casserole". I know, it sounds HORRIBLE!!! But, the ingredients were some of my favorite things like Jiffy Cornbread mix, Velveeta, sour cream, and stuff like that. The kicker was it also had hot dog wieners in it. I know, I know, I should have known better. The recipe had a high rating from Market Street, and normally I LOVE their concoctions. I went to work today and was talking about it. One of the teachers said she made it for her boys all the time growing up and they loved it. Another said she always made it for 4th of July. So, I tried it.

Let me tell you, it looked and smelled SO GOOD! Cody came home and we couldn't wait to try it. The first couple of bites were good. Then the aftertaste started to catch up with us. Here it is, 2 hours, later, and we are both glued to the bathroom. Oh man! What was I thinking??

Here was the recipe:

1 pkg Ball Park franks
1 package cornbread mix
16 oz Velveeta cubed
2 eggs
1 cups sour cream
1/3 cup oil

1. Boil franks for 4-5 minutes. Cut into 1 inch pieces
2. In a bowl mix cornbread mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil.
3. all cubes of Velveeta and cut up hot dog bites
4. Pour in 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.



Anyone brave enough to try it?

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Girl, that is just SICK! I'm really sorry you had to experience it. Hopefully future mystery creations will turn out better than this one. :)

Caroline said...

I'm going to take your word for it. Sorry dinner went so wrong.

Amy said...

I've made a few dinners like that-they sound good but just somehow end up so horribly wrong!

Tiffany said...

It could not be worse than my stinky feet enchiladas, but I know that you would have eaten them anyway because you're my BFFVV.

Phillips Family said...

Oh my...that sounds interesting. Hope you have recovered this morning!

One time I made Tobe "4 Cheese Mac" early in our relationship and severely scalded the milk. Poor thing ate it anyway.

Anonymous said...

As Jaron would say, "Ew, nasty, yuck!" I think we have all had those kind of nightmares. That is so funny!!

Jennifer said...

I was looking for a recipe to take to a super bowl party this weekend. I think I'll keep looking! :) Hope you are feeling better.

Dana said...

I bet when we wer doing the soup diet we would have LOVED this!

*Kendra* said...

Um, no thanks! Sorry it didn't work well for you, and I'm one of those rare people that really loves hot dogs!

Jodi said...

Um..... NO!!! I don't eat hot dogs anyways, much less make casserole with them! Wow. You are so brave. I'm just glad you didn't make that for your growth group if it was that bad!

I do find it quite comical that you go on and on about how it is the worst thing ever, then put the recipe up for all of us to try it. Greatness. :)

Mauri said...

You make me laugh. If I were to think of all the people in the world that would actually try a hot dog casserole, you are probably one of the only ones I can imagine going through with it! I love it! (you, not the hot dog casserole!!!)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed