Wednesday, September 03, 2008

90210

Since you asked.......here is a quick summary of my thoughts on 90210.

- Kelly is still beautiful.
- I think Steve will be the father of her kid even though they made you think it might be Brandon.
- Brenda didn't fit in.
- Way TOO much sex. It really does blow my mind that a show like that was on at 7:00. Really? In the first 5 minutes Ethan was having a ridiculous experience in the school parking lot. Should have been left out.
- I like Annie.
- Who gets to fly to San Francisco for dinner other than Pretty Woman?
- Rob Estes is handsome.
- I am sad Becky and Uncle Jesse didn't work out.
- Lori Loughlin's comment to the principal's ex was hilarious.
- I like Dixon.
- There were a ton of sub plots in just the pilot - fight on the team, drug use, girl finds out boyfriend cheated, "not so sweet 16", school rivalry, grandma in a car accident. Seriously, that could have been a season in itself.
- Nat is old and the Peach Pit is on crack
- I loved seeing "Silver" and "Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez"!!!!!

I thought the show was pretty good. It was okay enough to keep around. It has potential to be good. The thing is, I didn't feel good after watching it and it will be up against Biggest Loser, which is a feel good show. If I get into the characters and stories, I will probably watch, if not I will not. It was sort of like the first episodes of the original show (of which I was a HUGE fan), but it was no season three with the Kelly/Dylan/Brenda triangle.

What were your thoughts?

10 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I have been meaning to call you about this.

I liked it but...
*I couldn't believe some of the actions and lines the kids used. Really?! It makes me want to keep my kids sheltered even more.

*I felt old watching it. I was a huge fan of the old 90210. This is something I would not want my teenagers to watch. Now I get why my Mom didn't like me watching the show. Crazy how having your own kids changes your view on A LOT of things!

*There was so much going on with all of the characters. There is no telling what crazy scenerios will come up next. It might be too much for me.

* I love L.L. she is precious. And her line to the ex was great. But still it was on at 7:00!

I am sure I will TIVO it and make decisions later. I am ready for Biggest Loser, Friday Night Lights, and my other regular reality shows. I watch too much TV.

Spotted-Bird said...

I missed it. I am so sad and hoping they re-play it. I doubt they will, but I can probably watch it on the internet. I loved the original so I think I am going to have to check out the new one.

Chris and Amanda said...

You and Jennifer are so detailed! I pretty much agree with everything. Chris & I were shocked by their wardrobes - clearly I am already out of style! I know even if its a little cheesy I will keep watching it - I love teenage drama. But I wish it was the original - I love Kelly!!!

Maddie said...

#1 Since when does the CW promote anorexia???? Those girls are walking skeletons!

#2 Um yes, no "car" business, they wanted to set the "we are edgy" tone early

#3 I wonder if kellys kid belongs to dylan or brandon??????

#4 bye bye brenda

#5 i want the old peach pit back

#6 Did you see Kelly's Mom in the previews of next week??? Someone had her face done...

Mauri said...

Brenda has had way too much botox, the dad is totally Dylan, and if you do the math, silver and hannah should not be in high school together, since silver is presumably at least a sophomore if she is the same age naomi and hannah can't be more than a senior. and yes, i'll be watching :)

Jodi said...

Anyone tell me how I can find it online... I MISSED THE PILOT! I have it set for next week, but I can't find a replay anywhere...

Amy said...

I also liked seeing Kelly & Silver. Brenda -- yuck, as always. The Ethan thing was crazy. I think the rich kid will turn out to be a creep. I think Kelly's baby daddy is Steve. Of course, I only think that because of the kids blond curly hair. I like that they've included so many ties to the original. I don't know that I'd keep watching without that. You're funny about Uncle Jesse and Becky! :)

Tiffany said...

I don't really have any comments on the show because I didn't watch it, but I did want to tell you that I have the same outfit as that girl on the far right.

Marcia said...

i just watched it and am afraid to say i might be hooked.
-yes, kelly is beautiful. everyone else on the show is way too skinny.
-would steve do that to janet? would brandon not stick around for his kid?
-annie is much more likeable than brenda ever was.
-I wonder where Becky and Jesse's twins are?
-Nat needs to retire.
-Tiffany sure is branching out with her wardrobe.

Pearson Family said...

I didn't see it either. Kind of want to watch since you listed so many ties to the old one. I LOVED the old ones. I didn't start watching until college.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed