Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fireproof


Cody and I went and saw Fireproof today. It is by the same producers of Facing the Giants. It is is a Christian movie about a fireman and his wife who are about to get divorced. Of course I am a sucker for any fireman movie so I literally started crying in the opening credits. I would not say that Fireproof is as good as Giants, but both Cody and I were blessed tremendously by the movie. It is such an AMAZING and powerful reminder of where love truly comes from and what we must do to be able to love others. The added bonus is seeing Kirk Cameron again who we all love from years past. He does a great job and when he cries, you will want to cry too.

I am interested to see what others thought of it. You should all go see it. You will actually feel like you spent money on something worth while.

Have a blessed weekend.

8 comments:

Amy said...

It's not showing here in Cville but our class at church is talking about arranging a trip to a nearby town to see it. I'll pass along your good review. I had a hard time with Facing the Giants because of the acting (guess I'm shallow like that). Is the acting better in Fireproof? Kirk's awesome, right?

Jennifer K said...

I want to go!!! I know I will cry since I cried in the preview for it. I hope to go next weekend. I'm glad you liked it.

Ashley said...

Kirk's acting is pretty good....some of the others are ....well....not trained professionally. It is still worth seeing, I thought

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Saw it today and LOVED it! You forget about some of the "bad acting" the longer you watch. Loved Kirk Cameron. I actually liked it better than Facing the Giants.

Phillips Family said...

I am quite interested in seeing this movie so I am glad to hear that you liked it.

Besides, who doesn't love some Mike Seaver?

Jodi said...

We hope to go see it too... heard from folks in Bible study that it was fabulous. Haven't seen Giants either... might have to hunt it down...

Me said...

We went to see it Sunday night. I watched Kirk Cameron on the today show last week and knew it was time for a reunion with one of my favorites! :) I agree with you about the acting, though. Still... we were blessed and I have already ordered the book "The Love Dare". It should be here today or tomorrow!

Chris and Amanda said...

We actually got to preview it a few weeks ago (one of the perks of being a pastor's wife). We really thought it was awesome!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed