Sunday, May 17, 2009

All good things must come to an end

.....and so, alas, my TV shows are over. Man, I love Season Finales because they are so good, but then I am so sad because it takes forever for them to come back. Like I should be a mom of two children before they come back. Nuts.

So here are my thoughts on the main shows I watch and their finales:

Chuck - I wish every show ended with, "I know Kung Fu". Great, sweet, and romantic way to end the season. Hopefully not the show though. Rumors keep saying that it might not be renewed. If you and your husband are looking for a funny show that both of you will like, you need to start watching Chuck. Rent the seasons over the summer. It is worth it.

Brothers and Sisters - This finale was a big let down for me. Kitty is being stupid. Tommy is weird. Kevin is still awesome. (just not his lifestyle choice) I just ended the season wishing for a better finale. I thought previous episodes were much better.

Friday Night Lights - So the Taylors may not be Dylan Pathers anymore. I thought it was a good twist. I like these characters a lot. I am really glad the show is coming back, but I wonder what it will be like without some of those Seniors. Riggins, Lyla, Tyra, Landry, and Matt are really great and I am not sure what the new kids will bring to it.

Private Practice - What a crazy ending! It was scary, scary and freaky. Violet is a weird character for me, but I do not want her on the floor undergoing a crazy C-Section. Sam and Naomi need to get their act together. Addison should not have an affair, even though that doctor is really good looking. :)

Lost - Holy Cow. That blew my mind. Great intro to Jacob and interesting finish with him as well. I am really excited that there is just one season left. I am anxious to see how this all wraps up. I hate that it won't be back till 2010! What is up with that? If you are a Lost fan, you need to do two things.
1) Listen to the free podcast with the creators and writers, Damon and Carlton, on ITunes.
2) Go to www.ew.com and read the recaps.
Both of these are updated each week and really help provide understanding into this crazy show. The theories on Jacob from the website are really cool.

Grey's - I almost hyperventilated at 007. I did not know it was George. Some of you did and that amazes me. It completely blew me away. So sweet and so sad. Izzy too. Alex and Izzy did a great job acting. POWERFUL. I really liked it. I knew it would be great TV, but I had no idea what roller coasters it would be. My emotions were high and low through the entire thing. Once again, if you are a Grey's fan, you need to do two things:
1) Listen to the free podcast with Shonda and Betsy every week on I Tunes.
2) Go to www.ew.com and read the recaps. The just did an interesting interivew with Shonda on the finale that gives a tiny glimpse into the future and processes this past season.
3) Go to www.greyswriters.com
All three of thses are updated each week when the show aires and gives a little of the scoop on what is to come. The big question is who is dead and who is coming back. Maybe neither, maybe both. We'll see.

Now for what I am watching over the summer:
1. The Bachelorette- I know, I know, I swore I was done. There is just nothing else on so I will watch. Plus I always like the Bachelorette better than the Bachelor.
2. Glee - Supposed to be a High School Musical/Miss Guided take on a high school choir. Aires on Tuesday nights. It has high reviews so I will try it and see.

What are you watching this summer?

8 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait for "So You Think You Can Dance." The talent on that show blows my mind. I will also check out Glee -- looks like it could be funny. I guess that's about it. Have you ever looked at fancast.com? I'm amazed at the wealth of online full episodes they have. We're talking the first 4 seasons of the original 90210 plus much, much more! We're thinking of going to basic cable and just catching everything online.

annalee said...

i can't wait for glee to start too!

Kristen OQ said...

Kevin just sent me a link saying Chuck is for sure back this fall...not as many episodes as last season and a lower budget. But, it is one of our favorites.

Lost -- CRAZY. I will need until January to mull it over in my mind.

Greys -- Loved it, but exhausted after watching it. Too many highs and lows in the emotional department.

Did you watch The Office finale?

As for Glee...it is isn't starting until Fall. They are just showing a premiere episode/teaser epidode this week after American Idol. If I am understanding it correctly, after Tuesday night, it won't be on again until fall premiers start up again.

Ashley said...

How did I forget to blog the Office?????????

Of course, I thought it was a great episode. Loved Phyllis sitting down, loved Meredith's outfit, SlumDunder Mifflinaire, and LOVED Pam and Jim :)

MereMoore said...

OK-I COMPLETELY agree with you on Greys, PP, and Bros&Sisters!!! I am SO bummed TV is over too-and I REFUSE to watch WIPEOUT b/c that is ALL that was on last summer when I was in the hospital! Hope you are doing good!

MereMoore said...

oh and I forgot...I LOVE baby Corey and the bedding is so cute!

Tara said...

Hey Ashley!!! This is Tara Provence - Dustin's wife. I don't even know how I found your blog... I was looking at someone else's and you were a follower blah blah blah... anyways, congrats on the baby - I had no idea that ya'll were expecting!!! That's so exciting! I hope that everything is going well... I never see ya'll since Cody and Dustin aren't stationed together anymore! Carley is getting so big! Amazing! Well, ttyl... Tara

Sara said...

Girl, how do you get that much T.V. in???? I try my best, but I am always behind on my shows.
Do you watch Big Brother? It is my favorite reality tv show because it is on 3 times a week, and there is sooo much drama!!! You have to watch if you don't already.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed