Thursday, May 07, 2009

Carley, Carley

We think Carley is such a funny kid. She is always doing such hilarious things to make us laugh, mostly in her reactions.

This week Carley got bit by one of her friends when she was in childcare. This is her first time to be bit so it was a little traumatic for her. Luckily for us, she didn't do anything to provoke it or bite back so we could just be sad for her and not have to get onto her for anything. What was so cute/sweet/sad/hilarious about it was how traumatized she was. I know it had do hurt. The pictures don't do it justice and now it is a bruise which is really tender, but it really put her out that this happened. See this expression:

That sums up her feelings about getting bit. Finally I got a better shot of it when she could see it in the camera. Crazy girl.

Also, Carley has lots of thoughts, questions, and ideas about the baby. Lately she has been taking a shower or bath with me each day just to save time and this has brought more questions about my belly. Yesterday she was talking to a random stranger and told them I had a baby in my tummy. The stranger asked if I was having a boy or a girl and Carley told them it was a brother. So far, so normal. Then she said, "When my brother comes, I will take showers with him. Then Mommy will shower with Daddy every day. They will splish and splash. They will have so much fun." I was mortified. I said, "I don't shower with Daddy, silly girl, I shower with you." Then she said, "Not anymore you can shower with Daddy every day. We will love it." Seriously, I have no idea where my child comes up with this stuff. The stranger died laughing. I just died.

13 comments:

Luft Family said...

That made me laugh until I had tears! I can see why you were totally mortified. She is a mess! So sorry she got bit- glad it wasn't my child that bit her. :)

Jennifer K said...

I know Cody can't wait to splish and splash with you! It will be so much fun.

Carley is a funny kid.

Amy said...

i love this post.

annalee said...

her personality is so awesome, love it.

Jennifer said...

Oh my word! That is too funny.

cmjj said...

Oh Carley!!!! She is so stinkin' funny! I love it when you post stories about her...they make my day!

Caroline said...

She is so funny. That is a great story- one I know she will love to hear when she is a teen.

I can't beleive someone bit that girl. I would have been upset too!

melissa deaver said...

What a funny little girl! HA!

Shanta said...

She is wise beyond her years...

PrEsToNs said...

geez girl, poor thing! whos the tiger in their class, lol, hope it wasnt bc-shes crazy bout carley!! shes sittin next to me right now telling me thats her friend...

The Speck family said...

I have got to one day meet this girl in person....she totally cracks me up! Hugs to you all~ KJS

Amy said...

Hilarious!!! I'm laughing out loud! I bet you WILL have so much fun splashing and splashing!
That bite is CRAZY! Poor Carkey.

maplesjess said...

Too cute...out of the mouths of babes...
Enjoy splishin & splashin with Cody ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed