Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On Earth as it is in Heaven

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. Our world is filled with yuck. (warning, this is a downer post)

This week has been so sad for so many of us in blog land. A week ago today, I asked for prayers for three things, Jenny, Kamara and the Cox family, and The Deavers.

Jenny left this world on Monday. God healed her, but not at all in the way I wanted. My heart continues to break for her family and friends. It is such a loss to our world.

Kamara's sweet baby girl, Ryleigh, is still fighting. She is doing as well as I can imagine any baby born at 24 weeks to be doing. Still, it is sad, her baby is fighting instead of growing in Kamara's safe womb.

The Deavers lost their twins. Wyatt Christopher and Eloise Ann are already home in Heaven and I cannot fathom what the loss is for their parents.

There are other babies I am praying for. Babies who were born to soon and went straight to Heaven, and the babies of my friends that I love who do not have babies on the way, even though they have prayed and prayed for God to open their wombs. Their mommies are on my heart daily.

A wonderful guy that we grew up with at Broadway, Jason, is fighting cancer. He has a sweet wife and 3 precious children. I have attached the link to his care pages for those of you who want to keep up with this. Jason Rogers grew up with us. His wife Lauren Pruett Rogers is my age and went to ACU. Jason's brother-in-law and Sister-in-Law are Zach and Tami Pruett. Tami is Kamara's twin sister. Can you imagine what this family is dealing with?

Also, a dear friend's marriage seems to be ending. Even though our friend fought for what was right and did everything they could, sometimes situations on this Earth are not up to us and Satan has a small victory.

On a less significant note, Corey's ear drum ruptured on Friday and he is STILL in pain. We go back to the doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything she can do for him. And I have the stomach bug, which just wears me out and makes me feel like what is rapidly exiting my body! (TMI)

Jenny's family eloquently wrote something along these lines that I am going to try not to butcher:

In Heaven, there is not amputations, no sickness, no disease, no divorce, no hurting, no infertility, no death. I long for this.

Oh, Lord Jesus, come quickly. Heal our pain. Heal our world. Give peace to these precious families who are hurting. Give support to those who feel alone. Please give healing to those who are hurting. And help us, Your Church, to be your hands and feet and minister to them in the way that you would want us to.

On a final note, my friend Lynley posted this link to a post that Jenny wrote on her blog in 2006. In honor of her and her life, I am going to post a link to that post. May it bless you and may it remind US ALL what our lives are truly about. http://kindermommy.blogspot.com/2006/01/random-nothings.html


Lord, what Satan intends for evil, please return it for good and to be used for your glory.

6 comments:

courtney said...

i'm so sorry, ashley. it's so difficult to hurt so badly for your friends. i'm proud of your continued faith in Him, though, during tough times.

Erica said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It is so easy to get bogged down in the things satan brings into this world but we know Who is Ultimately in Control and that gives me peace in times like these. You are so precious just like your sister and I know you will minister to these families and be such a blessing to them. Love you!

Leah J. said...

I am right there with you ... My heart has been so heavy for these past 2-3 weeks. I almost feel like I don't even know where to begin with praying because the world around me is such a mess! I grieve with you and I grieve with your friends. What a precious friend you are to them all. When Liam passed away, something I always wanted to do was make sure to not only reach out to parents who have lost children, but also to their friends. I would love to you let you know some of the things that were helpful/healing from friends to us. LBJ@nine17.com. Joining you in prayer for precious ones that are hurting!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Amen. May he hear your heart and intervene!

Nicole said...

Great words Ashley. I have been praying so fervently for these families and it seems like a ton more. My heart just aches and aches. Thank you for sharing your heart. Your continued faith encourages me...I have sure felt discouraged lately. Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful person

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed