Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Tatted Baby Daddy

***I just did 6 previous posts, so you might scan through some of them for a little update on the Neslons


Cody and I had our 6th Anniversary this year. For YEARS he has been wanting a tattoo. Neither of us have any tattoos. Well a few months ago he decided he wanted each of the kids birth dates, in roman numerals on his inside bicep. I guess he was channeling his inner Angelina Jolie. :)

He has been hounding me, I mean mentioning daily to me, since October that he wanted these. I kept finding reasons to put him off. In his anniversary card I put, "Happy Anniversary. I love you. I will buy you your stupid tattoos". He really wanted my blessing to get these tattoos and I really do not like tattoos. (my opinion, no offense to my tatted friends at all).

So today I took him downtown and he got his tattoos. He cried like a baby. Just kidding. Although I know they hurt closer to the arm pit.

Before Shot

During

After: My Buff, Tatted Baby Daddy :)
Corey's is on his right arm (left facing the camera) with 09/09/09 (IX.IX.MMIX)
Carley's is on his left arm (right facing the camera) with 12/28/05 (XXVIII.XII.MMV)
In roman numerals, you do the day, then the month then the year.

Happy 6th Anniversary.

9 comments:

courtney said...

i'm not a big fan of tats, either, but i don't really mind them if they're something meaningful (like kids' birthdays!). an example of unmeaningful would be the winnie the pooh tatto kate gosselin has on her ankle...dumb.

btw, leslie mayo took the trampoline. y'all will have to have playdates with them! :)

Jodi said...

Just read all the posts.... love them. And yes, he IS precious. :)

Ok, the tattoo thing made me laugh out loud. I love that you now have a tatted baby daddy. It's just so very normal, but for some reason right now it is so very funny to me. Anyways, sweet that he wanted the kids' bdays. Funny that Carley's is SO LONG. All in all, tell him kudos from me.

Alisa Palmer said...

that's awesome! and funny, I know the tattoo artist! He was a regular at J&B when I worked there. I love when people get meaningful tattoos - something they won't ever regret and he won't ever regret something about his kids!

Anonymous said...

You are a good wife!

Allison said...

you are the COOLEST wife EVER!! I love that you let your man get tatted up for your anniversary. He looks good and very tough! Like 'don't mess with my fireman baby daddy' kind of tough!!

You are a great wife and I kind of think it is sweet of you too!! What a memory!!

Alyssa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is the best Cody/Ashley story ever!!! So, so funny!

I loved all of your posts! The straddle roll breaks, Cam imitating the lizard, Corey being precious. Love it, love it, love it!

Kristin Luft said...

Love all the new posts! You are good. And, I can't believe Mr. Cody..too funny! Enjoy your last couple of days of Spring Break and your babies! :-) Glad you have Corey's tubes behind you.

Leah J. said...

I love it! I have a tatted baby daddy too! I need to get a post up about Ben's tattoos ... He has a lot! I'm not crazy about them either, but when they are meaningful ... How can you argue with that?:) I like Cody's!

Tiffany said...

Cody is a lucky man!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed