Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Let Freedom Rain...I mean Ring

Our 4th of July was rained out! The parade and fireworks in Lubbock were canceled. Rain isn't something we are very used to in Lubbock, so it was a very different 4th. Alyssa's family was here. We had a great time with the O'Rear's and celebrating Clint's 40th bday. What a special brother-in-law I have! The rest of the time we just hung out at Mom and Dad's. It was wonderful to have so much down time and family time over the weekend. It was also a very interesting feeling to "miss" celebrating the 4th. It has never been a major holiday in my world, which obviously means I take it for granted. I can promise that next year, I will celebrate with a more genuine heart because I missed so much this year. It is a very good thing to stop and celebrate our country, our freedom, our history, our heroes, and our future.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed